A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have many essential features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your desired viewers, other platforms might not provide all the features. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they offer nearly all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Owns Your Intellectual Property
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you create and sell your content to your audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and necessary features that will not only create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? It’s true that there are plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation to marketing, nearly all of the Kajabi features are designed to be accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors the added edge over the rest. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop an online course without having to travel to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require, living up its ‘one stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the most important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizable tools, media files, and templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and materials along with a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages and other effective ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of community, customer service, and training resources and features, including Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. In the last writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who might be interested in giving the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of important features included in each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, reach a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as create your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled with all the features you’d want when designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for all three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days also available on selected blogs. If you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. Making content using the website and course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations. In addition to native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free option available either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Owns Your Intellectual Property
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the user interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar and it lets you look for tools and items within the site by entering the keywords. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages than English if you wish to present your content to wider audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products, or what the platform calls it, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a way to build brand value, while online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure designed for the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content if you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course-maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are referred to as groups and posts or. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content such as text, video, and images, while the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all your files to your courses in one page. This is a great option particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any of the themes to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image including logos, images, and font designs , into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Kajabi Owns Your Intellectual Property
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your course. Assessments are a helpful way to determine if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you can choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your content.
Apart from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS site has also made progress in providing spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with other students your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone item or as a part of your membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on all 3 pricing options. The best part is that you’re assured of instant safety and security with the automatic SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as pick from a range of unique, professional themes, which you can customize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and above you are able to import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as remove the Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts we discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content, such as text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets it is logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site as you wish it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can publish updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-made site it provides an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with the blog post by making one with an editor for text. You may incorporate SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes there are two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private one that only your members can get access to. Kajabi Owns Your Intellectual Property
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are highly easy and straightforward to even non- marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Owns Your Intellectual Property
You are able to create as many e-mails for the campaign you want and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can choose the members you want to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been more complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Apart from paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to see how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Owns Your Intellectual Property
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features is its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to persuade your customers to purchase your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build an effective sales funnel right from ground
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and emails you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme There is a library full of 40+ pages templates you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are immediately sent to your bank account.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it gives customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can charge your students for your products at various time frames (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or distribute them at no cost. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a single item or for a variety of items, and set specific dates that your students can access your products within a given period of time. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Owns Your Intellectual Property
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to create and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled at specific times and on certain days of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by many who use it to design meaningful educational content. Kajabi Owns Your Intellectual Property
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for other tips and tricks the help desk is always there to guide you on your way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they achieve their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. A majority of them could be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations too.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan and a plethora of features, it could cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities in comparison to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might want to consider in your decision. Kajabi Owns Your Intellectual Property
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. With the extremely affordable price it’s easy to understand the ways Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price It certainly has higher-end features than Kajabi which includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it functions. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few tools missing like the issue of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Owns Your Intellectual Property
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app for you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course content even when you’re on the go. Kajabi Owns Your Intellectual Property