A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with a variety of crucial features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your desired viewers, other platforms might not offer all of these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complex that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that, they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look What is Kajabi? Kajabi Partner Levels
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to develop and market your courses to an student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming score from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? Well, there are quite many aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From course creation to the marketing services, nearly all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are new in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over others. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without having to go to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the key attributes that you ought to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools such as media files, templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and other products along with your own blog to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages and other effective methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training materials, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who are part of different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different than other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who might like to give it a try. With the abundance of important features included into each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, reach a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as make websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded with all the features you’d want when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day free trial is available for each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days offered on select blogs, so if you’re looking to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, then the brief free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content using the website and course builder software has never been this easy and swift, and it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s not a free option neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Partner Levels
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the user interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are arranged into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can build a landing page, modify your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching and allows you to search for tools and items within the site by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned the website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages than English in case you want to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of course or product templates, or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed in order to increase brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content created to offer an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes which are planned over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are known as categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are where you insert various types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders where the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to be added to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests, you can add all your files to your course in one page. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit various products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Kajabi Partner Levels
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great way to assess if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content.
In addition aside from that, in addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating areas for teachers and students to connect. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone product or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name or WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on the three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automatic SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, and also pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can customize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as remove the Kajabi logos and substitute it with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the available themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content including text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want members to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site how you would like it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can post updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating your blog posts by making your own using an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode there are two options: either release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private version that only your members have access to. Kajabi Partner Levels
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Partner Levels
You can create as many e-mails for your campaign as you wish and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates who can help promote your content on your behalf. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Partner Levels
Another of Kajabi’s top features is the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require more effort and time however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to persuade your customers to purchase your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build an effective sales funnel right from the starting
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You can even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different – there is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
For pricing options, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of options to select from. You can cost your pupils for the services at different time frames (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or hand them out at no cost. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for one product or a number of products, as well as establish specific dates for your members can access within a certain period of time. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Partner Levels
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses, but you also have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the only course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to help you whenever you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for basic users Live chat is available for certain times and times of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to develop relevant educational content. Kajabi Partner Levels
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to use resources to learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their position in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for additional information and tips, the help center is available to help you along the way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they achieve their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material, but we have to take care of a few essential things that are missing. The majority of these would be extremely useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t understand why there are certain limits as well.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site may cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi Partner Levels
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price, we can imagine the way Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price It certainly has more industry-level functions than the other which includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it works. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing like the issue of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, but it is a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Partner Levels
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribed members can access your entire courses even while traveling. Kajabi Partner Levels