A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer a variety of important features can be utilized when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to market classes to your target viewers, other platforms may not have most of the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may have an editing experience so complex that it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they offer nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Past Version
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to develop and market your courses to an customers. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just create a professional site for your courses, but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? There are plenty of factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation to the marketing services, nearly all of Kajabi’s features can be digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over others. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build an online course without having to travel to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need in order to live up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points of the key features that you may want to watch out for when you’re thinking about the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizing tools, media files, and templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and materials along with your own blog to keep your students updated on what’s new.
- Make the most of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other viable ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of community, customer service and training tools, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of many of the most well-known people that are from various sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. In the last writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who might want to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of important features included within each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, reach up to 1,000 active customers, and make your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly that is loaded with all the features you’d want when making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is offered for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is available on selected blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the website and course creator software was never so simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations. In addition to native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s not a free option neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Past Version
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the users interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are arranged into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of clutter, as some elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and even engage with other instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar and allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by typing in the words. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages that English for those who want to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of product or course templates or the way it calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created in order to increase brand value, while online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure that are designed to provide an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content when you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are called post categories as well as category, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content like text, videos images, and text, while the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to be added to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one tab. This can be useful particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit different products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand including logos, images, and font design into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Past Version
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments are an effective method of determining whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment option, you are able to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content more.
Aside from that, in addition, the LMS site has also made progress in creating spaces for students and teachers to interact. With the Community feature, students have access to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone item or as a part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on 3 pricing options. The best part is that you’re assured of instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your website.
You also have the option to customize your domain, and also pick from a variety of unique, professional themes, all of which you can personalize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs and also eliminate any Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your own!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content including media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look as you wish it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can share updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most the Kajabi-made website this service offers you the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating the blog post by creating your own using Text Editor. You can include SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach or group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode there are two options: either release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users have access to. Kajabi Past Version
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than sending e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Past Version
You can send as many e-mails for your campaigns as you like and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select the members you want the messages. Managing e-mails has never been so complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Past Version
Another of Kajabi’s standouts is the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your target customers to purchase your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build the sales funnel you want from the starting
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one There is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it provides you a wide range to choose from. You can cost your pupils for the services at different dates (one-time or subscription and several payments) or distribute them for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a single item or for a variety of items, and set specific dates that your members can access within a certain period of time. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Kajabi Past Version
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you make and market your courses However, you have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for basic users Live chat is available at certain times and times during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to design meaningful educational content. Kajabi Past Version
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to use resources to learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the course creation world. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for more information and tips the help desk is always there to guide you along the way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material however, we must take care of a few essential things that are missing. A majority of them could have been very useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the lack of question type options – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits as well.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations like the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site could make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity with Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may be considering in your decision. Kajabi Past Version
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range we can understand the ways Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer greater features that the other which includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it works. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It sure does offer all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some tools that are missing like the issuance of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the best option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Past Version
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it makes sense that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course materials even when on the go. Kajabi Past Version