Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with various important features you can use when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to market classes to your intended audience, some might not provide all the features. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that provide editing options so complex that they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they also provide you with nearly all you can think of including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Platform
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you create and sell your content to your audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and necessary features that will not just create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive score from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? Well, there are quite many reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects can be easily digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors the added edge over others. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to travel to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points, of its important attributes that you ought to be aware of in the event you’re considering using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizable tools including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and products along with blogs to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages, and other viable methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service, and training resources in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. As of this writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different than other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who would be interested in giving Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of important features included within each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, garner an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly, which is filled to the brim with all the features you’d like when making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day trial is available. trial is available on all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days available on certain blogs. So if you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the limited free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and course builder software has never been this simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students enrolled in your classes. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s not a free option as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Platform
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are organized into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and communicate with your instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar, and it lets you look for items and tools within the website by typing in the words. Like we said the site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other than English if you wish to share your content with broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of product or course templates or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand value, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled over a set series of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content when you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints let you make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons known as post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are the places where you insert various kinds of content, including text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all your files to your courses on the same tab. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to fit your style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image including logos or images as well as font designs into the course player to add a an individual touch. Kajabi Platform
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments can be a great way to assess whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment option, you are able to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your material more.
Apart from that aside from that, the LMS website also has made progress in providing spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature students have access to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone feature or as an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across the three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain and also pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can personalize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan or higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also remove the Kajabi branding and replace that with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories from when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content, such as text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select the elements of your website you want for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can post updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-created website it provides an area where you can do so without limits. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by creating your own using Text Editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you want to expand your reach, group your posts into different categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: release it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private version that only your members are able to access. Kajabi Platform
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are supremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send emails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent to their inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Platform
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaigns as you want and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on your behalf. Apart from paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Platform
Another of Kajabi’s top features is its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more time and effort and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your intended public to buy your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create your sales funnel from the starting
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You can even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different – there is a library full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi provides an array of options for you to choose from. You can either cost your pupils for the services at different dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or give them away to them for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a single product or a number of items, and set specific dates that your students can access your products within a certain timeframe. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Platform
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to create and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for more functions. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for basic users live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and days on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop useful educational content. Kajabi Platform
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for additional information and tips the help desk is always there to guide you in the right direction. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they achieve their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations too.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for creating custom integrations such as having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan, and the lack of features, it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi Platform
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable cost it’s easy to see the ways Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has higher-end features than Kajabi as well as live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it works. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It does provide the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there like the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Platform
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app for you and the members who have subscribed can access all your course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Platform