Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have many important features you can use when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to promote classes to your desired viewers, other platforms might not provide all those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that provide editing options so complicated that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they also offer almost everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Pros And Cons
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to create and sell your courses to an customers. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? There are numerous factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales the majority of the Kajabi features can be easily digestible for people who are new in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over other instructors. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without having to travel elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the most important attributes that you ought to watch out for when you’re thinking about using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizable tools including media files, templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and products and blogs to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other viable methods to increase your profits, further your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with email marketing as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service and training materials in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. In the last time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who might be interested in giving the service a shot. With the abundance of essential features already packed in each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you can create three products, gain up to 1,000 active customers, and make a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly and is packed with all the features you’d like when it comes to designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available on each of the three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. The creation of content using the website and course builder software has never been this easy and swift, and it requires less time and effort to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations. Aside from native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free plan available either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Pros And Cons
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar and it lets you look for tools and items on the website by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned the site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other that English if you wish to share your content with broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of course or product templates or, as the platform calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure created to offer an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints let you create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons called post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are where you can insert different types of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories function as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all your files to your courses on the same tab. This one is handy particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Kajabi Pros And Cons
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective method of determining whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you can choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your material more.
In addition aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature students have access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone product or as component of your member.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents with your domain name as well as WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on the three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and security through the automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain and also pick from a wide array of unique, professional themes, which you can modify to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus eliminate any Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your own!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the available website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories we discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content including text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets it’s logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look however you want it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi lets you create a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can share updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you want to make the most the Kajabi-made website this service offers you an area where you can do so without limits. It is possible to begin with the blog post by making one using an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes, you have two choices: publish it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private version which only your subscribers can get access to. Kajabi Pros And Cons
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are extremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Pros And Cons
You can send as many e-mails to your campaigns as you like and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been this complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates to help in promoting your site on your behalf. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Pros And Cons
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option whenever you want to persuade your customers to purchase your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build the sales funnel you want from the beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails you will require to create an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You may even change the design of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one The library is filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of pricing options. You can either charge your students for your products at various dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or hand them out to them for free. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a single product or a number of products, and specify specific dates your members can access within a given time frame. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Pros And Cons
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to make and market your courses However, you can connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for basic users Live chat is available for specific times and on certain days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to create meaningful educational content. Kajabi Pros And Cons
For tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the course creation world. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for additional advice and tricks assistance, the help section is always there to guide you in the right direction. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content however, we must address a few vital things that are missing. The majority of these would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are certain limits also.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack of features, it may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities in comparison to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might think about in making your choice. Kajabi Pros And Cons
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price it’s easy to understand the way Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other has, and this includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it functions. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can use. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing, such as the issuance of certificates in particular. With a high cost, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. That doesn’t stop it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Pros And Cons
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. If you do want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app so that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course materials even when on the go. Kajabi Pros And Cons