A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have various important features you can use when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your desired viewers, other platforms may not have most of those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that have an editing experience so complicated that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. Additionally, they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Questions
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to create and sell your course content to your audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not only create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are plenty of reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s features can be digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over others. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create a course-making business without having to travel to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need, living up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points, of its important features that you may want to be aware of in the event you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizable tools including media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and materials along with blogs to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages, and other effective methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of customer service, community, and training resources, with the addition of Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who be interested in giving the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of features that are included into each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, gain up to 1000 active users, as well as make your own website you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing emails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly and is packed with all the features you could ask for when making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is offered on select blogs, so if you wish to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the website and course builder software has never been this easy and swift, and it requires less effort and time to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free option available either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Questions
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the user interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are arranged into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The menu’s design does not allow for confusion, as certain features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can create your own landing page, alter your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar, and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the site by entering the words. As mentioned previously the courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages that English if you wish to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of course or product templates or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure that are designed to provide an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled over an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content if you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons referred to as categories and posts, or. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one tab. This can be useful especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any of the themes to fit your style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image like your logo, images, and font design into the course player to add a an individual touch. Kajabi Questions
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments are a helpful method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your content.
In addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to communicate. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with other students your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is available as a separate item or as a part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain as well as pick from a variety of premium, unique themes, which you can personalize to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan or higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs as well as take away any Kajabi branding and replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content which includes media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections are, however are made up of multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays it’s logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look however you want it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post comments and updates about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating posting blog content by making one with the text editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: either release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers have access to. Kajabi Questions
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Questions
You can create as many emails to your campaign as you like and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. The management of e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You will not require integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates to help promote your content on your behalf. Apart from paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Questions
Another of Kajabi’s notable features are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to persuade your audience to buy your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build the sales funnel you want from the ground
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails you will require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You may even change the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different There is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
For price options for Kajabi, it offers customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can either make your student pay for products at various time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or distribute them at no cost. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for a specific product or multiple products, and set specific dates that your customers can access within a specific time frame. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy the products you offer. Kajabi Questions
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to create and market your courses however, you also can connect to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for Basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and days during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to design meaningful course content. Kajabi Questions
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their position in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for additional advice and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they achieve their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material, but we have to address a few vital things that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limits too.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site may cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity with Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might want to consider in making your choice. Kajabi Questions
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price range it’s easy to imagine the way Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other has which includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs use. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there like the issue of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the right option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Questions
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribed members have access to all courses even while in the move. Kajabi Questions