Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various crucial features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your desired audience, others may not have most of these features. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that provide editing options so complicated that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful that offer not just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they also provide you with nearly all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Review
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to create and sell your courses to an audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to the marketing services, nearly all of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are digestible for people who are just getting started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over other instructors. In addition this allows students such as you manage and build an online course without having to travel to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need, living up its ‘one stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form, of its important characteristics that you might want to be aware of in the event you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and products and blogs to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other effective ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of community, and training resources, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who would want to give it a try. However, when you consider the number of important features included in each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. In this plan, you can create three products, reach an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and make a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually and is packed to the brim with every feature you’d want when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available on each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days available on selected blogs. If you want to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service to do this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and the course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s not a free option as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Review
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the User Interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for confusion, as certain elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can build your own landing page, alter your course, and even communicate with your instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the site by entering the words. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products or what the platform calls it blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a way to build brand value, while Online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled for an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content when you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are known as categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you can insert different types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders for the posts that are kept.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one tab. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit different products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Kajabi Review
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content.
Apart from that in addition, in addition, the LMS website also has made strides in creating areas for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone item or as a an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automatic SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain and also pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can customize to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as remove the Kajabi branding and replace that with your personal brand!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content which includes media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile and select which site element you wish for your member learners to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look however you want it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can post information and comments about your course’s content. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with your blog posts by making one with the text editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you want to expand your reach, group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode there are two options: release it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private version that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Review
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Review
You can send as many e-mails to your campaign as you like and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been this complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help advertise your website on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Review
Another of Kajabi’s top features are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms have similar features that require much more effort and time, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option whenever you want to convince your target public to buy your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build your sales funnel from the starting
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You may even change the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different There is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi provides an array of options for you of pricing options. You can make your student pay for services at various times (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or give them away at no cost. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a single product or multiple products, as well as establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a specific time frame. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy the products you offer. Kajabi Review
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to make and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for more functions. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled for specific times and on certain days during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many who use it to design relevant course content. Kajabi Review
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to use resources to learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for additional advice and tricks the help desk is available to help you in the right direction. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they achieve their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and market your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been very useful in improving the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we’d like that the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack of features, it may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may think about in your decision. Kajabi Review
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than other. But considering the very budget-friendly price, we can imagine the way Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than the other has, and this includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools missing like the issuance of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Kajabi Review
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Review