A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with many important features can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to market classes to your desired viewers, other platforms might not provide all these features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that have an editing experience so complicated that they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Ruby On Rails
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you develop and market your course content to your customers. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? It’s true that there are numerous reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From course creation to the marketing services the majority of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are accessible to those who are new in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over other instructors. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the key features that you may want to watch out for if you’re considering using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and materials, as well as a blog where you can keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Make the most of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other ways to improve your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of community, customer service and training materials and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. At the time of time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who might like to give it a try. With the abundance of features that are included into each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you can create three products, garner a maximum of 1 000 active clients, and make your own website you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled to the brim with all the features you’d like when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day trial is available. trial is available for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you want to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the limited free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. Making content using the site and the course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s no free option available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Kajabi Ruby On Rails
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s user interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are arranged into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You can create your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar, it allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to share your content with broader audience.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of course or product templates, or the way it calls it blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content created to offer an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content if you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints allow you to make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create a course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are referred to as groups and posts and vice versa. Posts are the places where you can insert different types of content, like text, videos images, and text, while the categories act as folders where the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories for posts in one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses on the same tab. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the different products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image, such as the logo, images, and font design into the course player to add a a personal touch. Kajabi Ruby On Rails
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to determine whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. Through the assessment feature, you can choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
Aside from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to communicate. With the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone product or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across the three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and security through an automated SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain as well as choose from a wide array of premium, unique themes, all of which you can personalize to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above you can download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as take away any Kajabi branding and replace it with your personal brand!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the available themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories from when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that make up the content of the website which includes text, media files or clickable icons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it is logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like members to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look as you wish it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can share comments and updates about your course’s content. If you want to make the most the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating your blog posts by making one with an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast, you have two options: release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private one that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Ruby On Rails
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Ruby On Rails
You can send as many e-mails to your campaigns as you wish and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can even select the members you want to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Ruby On Rails
Another of Kajabi’s top features is its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require more time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to persuade your audience to buy your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from the ground
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You may even change the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different The library is full of 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi provides an array of options for you to choose from. You can choose to cost your pupils for the services at different times (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or hand them out at no cost. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a specific product or a number of products, as well as set specific dates that your students can access your products within a certain timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Ruby On Rails
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for more functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to help you whenever you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for basic users live Chat support can be scheduled at specific times and on certain days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to develop relevant educational content. Kajabi Ruby On Rails
For tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to use resources to learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their standing in the world of course design. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for other information and tips the help desk is always there to guide you on your way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and market your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are certain limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for custom integrations, such as the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site might turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might think about in making your choice. Kajabi Ruby On Rails
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than other. But considering the very budget-friendly price it’s easy to understand the ways Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other, and this includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can use. It certainly has all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing like the issuance of certificates in particular. With a high price tag, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Ruby On Rails
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and your subscribers can access all your course content even when you’re traveling. Kajabi Ruby On Rails