A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer many important features you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your target audience, some might not provide all the features. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that provide editing options so complex that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that, they also offer nearly everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Set Up Custom Domain
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you create and sell your courses to an audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? Well, there are quite numerous aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation to marketing and sales the majority of the Kajabi features can be accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over the rest. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without having to go elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points of the key attributes that you ought to be aware of if you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of tools for customizing such as media files, templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and products, as well as your own blog to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize the landing page, checkout pages and other methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to charge your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community, and training resources in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who like to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of important features included into each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. In this plan, you can create three products, gain a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as create websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded with all the features you could ask for when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available on all three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs, so if you wish to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the limited trial offer is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with any other third-party service to do that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and the course builder software has never been so easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students who are enrolled in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free option available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Set Up Custom Domain
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the User Interface (UI) is organized. If you check the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You get to create an online landing page, change your course, and even engage with other instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar, and it lets you look for specific tools and products on the website by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of course or product templates, or, as the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created as a way to build brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure created to offer an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content if you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design a course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are referred to as groups and posts respectively. The posts are where you put in different kinds of content, like text, videos, and images, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in one page. This is a great option particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the various products. Like the outline maker, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image like your logo or images as well as font designs , into the course player to add a your own personal style. Kajabi Set Up Custom Domain
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments are an effective method of determining whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment option, you are able to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your content more.
In addition aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has made progress in creating spaces for students and teachers to connect. With the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate product or as an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to modify your domain as well as choose from a variety of unique, professional themes, all of which you can modify to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you can import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs as well as take away all Kajabi logos and substitute that with your personal brand!
Like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the given website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts from when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content which includes text, media files or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and small tablets it’s logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like for your members to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look however you want it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can share information and comments on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with the blog post by creating one using Text Editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach, group your posts into different categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two options: release the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Set Up Custom Domain
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are highly easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails about your course and website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent to their inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Set Up Custom Domain
You can create as many e-mails to your campaigns as you like and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can even select which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates who can help advertise your website on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Set Up Custom Domain
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated problems. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more effort and time however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to persuade your public to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build the sales funnel you want from the starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for example, to a different one – there is a library with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
For pricing options, Kajabi gives an array of options for you to choose from. You can either charge your students for your services at different time frames (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or distribute them at no cost. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for a single product or a number of products, as well as establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a certain time frame. You can also create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy the products you offer. Kajabi Set Up Custom Domain
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses however, you also can connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for basic users, live chat is available at certain times and days during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop meaningful course content. Kajabi Set Up Custom Domain
For training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to resources that you can master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their standing in the field of course development. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for more tips and tricks assistance, the help section is available to help you along the way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material, but we have to address a few vital things that are missing. A majority of them could have been very useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish for the lack of question type options as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits also.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack of features, it could make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may think about when making your choice. Kajabi Set Up Custom Domain
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost we can understand the way Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other as well as live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it functions. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs use. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few instruments that aren’t there for example, the issue of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it may not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Set Up Custom Domain
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. If you do want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Set Up Custom Domain