Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer a variety of essential features that can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your intended audience, some might not offer all of these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that provide editing options so complicated that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also an array of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they offer almost everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell What is Kajabi? Kajabi Setup Expert
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to develop and market your courses to an customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not only create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? Well, there are quite many factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are accessible to those who are just getting started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over others. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form, of its important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on if you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizing tools, media files, and templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and materials, as well as a blog where you can keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other viable ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community, and training resources, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of many of the most well-known people who come from different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. At the time of time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who might like to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of important features included in each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, gain up to 1,000 active customers, and create a website that you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed to the brim with every feature you’d want when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. But a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is also offered on select blogs. If you wish to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content with the site and the course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it requires less time and effort to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations. In addition to native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the typical monthly prices offered by other services. There’s no free option available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Kajabi Setup Expert
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You get to create a landing page, modify your course and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching, and it lets you look for items and tools on the site by typing in the words. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages than English for those who want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of product or course templates or the way it refers to them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a means of gaining brand value, while online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure designed for the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled for a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content if you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints let you create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are called categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are where you insert various kinds of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories serve as folders in which the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts under one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to include in your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
As with a handful of other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name, you can add all your files to your courses in one page. This one is handy especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand like your logo images, fonts, and design into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Kajabi Setup Expert
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great method of determining whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment option, you are able to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your content more.
Apart from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS website also has made progress in creating spaces for teachers and students to connect. With the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone feature or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name as well as WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across the three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to modify your domain as well as choose from a wide array of premium, unique themes, all of which you can personalize to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs and also take away the Kajabi logos and substitute it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the available website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories we discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that make up the content of the website which includes media files, text or clickable icons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets, it makes total sense for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like members to view. With all the tools you need to create your website however you want it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by making your own using Text Editor. You may include SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach or group your posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes, you have two options: either release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members can get access to. Kajabi Setup Expert
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails about your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent to their inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Setup Expert
You are able to create as many emails to your campaign as you want and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been this complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates in order to promote your content on your behalf. In addition to paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to see how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Setup Expert
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated problems. While other platforms provide similar features that require more effort and time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to convince your intended audience to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different The library is with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi gives you a wide range of pricing options. You can either cost your pupils for the products at various time frames (one-time or subscription and several payments) or give them away to them for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for one item or for a variety of products, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a given period of time. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Kajabi Setup Expert
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to create and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you if you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and times during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to create useful educational content. Kajabi Setup Expert
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the world of course design. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of additional information and tips the help desk is available to help you on your way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that are missing. The majority of these would be extremely useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are limitations also.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations such as letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack in features it might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might think about when making your choice. Kajabi Setup Expert
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than even Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features It’s a lot lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price, we can understand how Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price It certainly has higher-end features than the other which includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs to be able to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing for example, the issue of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Setup Expert
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it makes sense that it’s enough to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course content even when you’re on the go. Kajabi Setup Expert