A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer many essential features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to promote your courses to your intended viewers, other platforms might not provide all these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that provide editing options that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they also offer almost all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look What is Kajabi? Kajabi Sites
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you develop and market your course content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? Well, there are quite many factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be easily digestible for people who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an advantage over other instructors. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop an online course without having to go elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need, living up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form of the most important attributes that you ought to keep an eye on if you’re considering the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizing tools, media files, and templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and products and a blog where you can keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Make the most of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other viable methods to boost your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to charge your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of community, customer service and training tools in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names that are from various industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. At the time of writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who might like to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of important features included in every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, gain an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design a website that you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually and is packed with all the features you’d want when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available on all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days offered on select blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions to do that!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platform’s best-selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. Making content using the site and the course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it requires less effort and time to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in your classes. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Sites
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s users interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are arranged into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and even engage with other instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar it allows you to search for tools and items on the website by typing in the search terms. As previously mentioned the courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages that English in case you want to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products, or, as the platform calls it, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created in order to increase brand value, while online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure designed for an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses which are planned over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design a course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons called categories and posts, and vice versa. The posts are where you can insert different types of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests, you can add all your files to your courses in the same tab. This can be useful particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit various products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs , into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Kajabi Sites
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective way to determine whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
Aside from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone product or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name or WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through an automated SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain and also pick from a range of unique, professional themes, all of which you can customize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as take away any Kajabi logos and substitute it with your personal brand!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content, such as text, media files or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets nowadays, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile and select the element of your site you would like for your members to view. With all the tools you need to create your website however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can post information and comments on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-created website it provides a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating your blog posts by making one using the text editor. You can include SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode there are two options: either release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers are able to access. Kajabi Sites
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribed member students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses following checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Sites
You can create as many e-mails for the campaign you like and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select the members you want to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates who can help advertise your website on your behalf. Alongside paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Sites
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms have similar features, which require more time and effort however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to convince your target audience to buy your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct your sales funnel from the ground
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme – there is a library with more than 40 page templates that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of pricing options. You can either make your student pay for services at various dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or give them away for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for one item or for a variety of items, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a certain period of time. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Sites
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you make and market your courses However, you can connect to other third-party applications for more functions. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users live chat is available for certain times and days on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to develop meaningful courses. Kajabi Sites
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to resources that you can learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their standing in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of additional advice and tricks the help desk will be there to help you along the way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material however, we must look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been very useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like that the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This could be useful for creating custom integrations for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in features it could make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi Sites
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price it’s easy to understand how Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer greater features that Kajabi which includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs use. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there for example, the issue of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Sites
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and your subscribers have access to all courses even while traveling. Kajabi Sites