A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with a variety of essential features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your target viewers, other platforms might not offer all of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that offer editing features that are so complex that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they also offer almost everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Storefront
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to create and sell your content to your customers. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and necessary features that will not only create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? It’s true that there are many aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From course creation to marketing and sales almost all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over others. Additionally this allows students like you to run and create courses without having to travel to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form of the most important attributes that you ought to keep an eye on if you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizing tools such as media files, templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and other products, as well as a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages and other effective ways to improve your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community and training materials and features, including Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people that are from various sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who like to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of important features included in each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, gain an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and create websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly that is loaded with all the features you’d like when making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day free trial is available for each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days available on certain blogs. So if you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platform’s best-selling points, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. Making content using the website and course builders hasn’t been so simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations. Apart from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Storefront
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The menu’s design does not allow for confusion, as certain elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You get to create an online landing page, change your course, and even communicate with your instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching, and allows you to search for specific tools and products within the site by typing in the words. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other than English for those who want to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of course or product templates or, as the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a way to build brand value, while online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled for a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design a course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons referred to as groups and posts respectively. Posts are the places where you can insert different types of content, including text, video, and images, while the categories act as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to include in your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them either from your computer folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in the same tab. This one is handy particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for different products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs , into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Storefront
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you can choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
Aside from that in addition, the LMS website also has made strides in creating areas for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone feature or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re assured of instant security and security through an automated SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain and also pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes, all of which you can modify to your heart’s content! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs and also remove any Kajabi branding and replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts we discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content including media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want members to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you an area where you can do so without limits. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by making one using Text Editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: either release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private version that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Storefront
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your courses following checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Storefront
You are able to create as many emails to your campaign as you wish and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose the members you want to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates to help promote your content on your behalf. In addition to paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Storefront
Another of Kajabi’s top features is its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features that require more effort and time however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your target public to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from the ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails you will require to create an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You may even change the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different – there is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it provides an array of options for you of pricing options. You can either make your student pay for products at different times (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or give them away at no cost. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a specific product or a number of items, and set specific dates that your customers can access within a certain period of time. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your audience to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Storefront
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you make and market your courses, but you also have the option to connect to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is available to help you whenever you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for basic users live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and times on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to develop meaningful courses. Kajabi Storefront
As for training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their standing in the course creation world. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of additional information and tips, the help center is always there to guide you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful to improve the experience. Below are the items we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish that the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits as well.
- A public API key. This could be useful in making custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan, and the lack of features, it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might be considering in making your choice. Kajabi Storefront
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost it’s easy to understand how Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has more industry-level functions than the other has which includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it operates. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some tools that are missing, such as the issue of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, but it is a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Storefront
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and your subscribers have access to all courses even while traveling. Kajabi Storefront