Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer a variety of important features can be utilized when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to advertise your courses to your desired viewers, other platforms might not offer all of these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that provide editing options that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that, they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Substitute
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you make and sell your course content to your customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not just create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? Well, there are quite many reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation all the way to the marketing services the majority of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are digestible even for those who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over the rest. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create an online course without having to go elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require, living up the ‘one-stop-shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form, of its important attributes that you ought to be aware of if you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and other products, as well as blogs to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to bill your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who might be interested in giving it a try. But considering the huge amount of important features included within each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, gain an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make a website that you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed to the brim with all the features you could ask for when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. But a 14-day free trial is available on all three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days also available on certain blogs. If you want to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, the limited free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. Making content using the website and course builders hasn’t been so easy and swift, and it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the typical monthly prices offered by other services. There’s not a free option neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Substitute
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the user interface (UI) is organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar, and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the site by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously the website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages that English in case you want to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of product or course templates or what the platform calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure created to offer a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content if you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are called post categories as well as category, or. Posts are the places where you can insert different types of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload all of them directly from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all your files to your course in one page. This is a great option especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your brand including logos images, fonts, and designs into the course player to add a a personal touch. Kajabi Substitute
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great way to assess if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
Aside from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also made progress in creating spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is available as a separate item or as a an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents with your domain name as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for the 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain and also pick from a variety of unique, professional themes, which you can personalize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan or higher, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as take away the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your personal brand!
Like the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts from when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website, such as media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets it is logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile and select which site element you wish for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to create your website however you want it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out the Kajabi-made website this service offers you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating the blog post by making your own using the text editor. You can include SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode, you have two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your users have access to. Kajabi Substitute
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are highly user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails related to your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than sending e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For instance, if your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Substitute
You can send as many e-mails for your campaign as you wish and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select which members of your group are eligible the messages. E-mail management has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates who can help promote your content on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to see how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Substitute
Another of Kajabi’s standouts is the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms provide similar features that require more time and effort however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your target customers to purchase your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from beginning
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and emails you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example, to a different one – there is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it provides you a wide range to choose from. You can either charge your students for your services at different time frames (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or hand them out at no cost. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for a specific product or multiple items, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a given period of time. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Substitute
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses however, you also can connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to help you whenever you’re struggling to create a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users live chat is available at certain times and days of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to create relevant course content. Kajabi Substitute
For tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for additional advice and tricks assistance, the help section is available to help you in the right direction. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and market your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. Most of them would be extremely useful in improving the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we’d like for the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, such as having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack in features it may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities with Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might want to consider in your decision. Kajabi Substitute
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price range it’s easy to see how Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has greater features that the other as well as live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it operates. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing, such as the issuance of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it may not be the best option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Kajabi Substitute
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. If you do want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app so that you and the members who have subscribed can access all your courses even while in the move. Kajabi Substitute