Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many crucial features that you can utilize when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your desired audience, some might not offer all of the features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may provide editing options so complex that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. Additionally, they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Tatiana Arias
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to develop and market your course content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? There are many factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects can be easily digestible for people who are new in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over others. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the most important attributes that you ought to watch out for in the event you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizable tools including media files, templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and products, as well as a blog where you can keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other viable methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to charge your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training tools, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who might like to give it a try. With the abundance of features that are included within each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, gain an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and create your own website you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually, which is filled to the brim with every feature you could ask for when making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is available on each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days available on certain blogs. If you wish to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, then the brief trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and the course builder software has never been this easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free option available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Kajabi Tatiana Arias
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You can create your own landing page, alter your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar, and it lets you look for tools and items within the site by typing in the words. Like we said that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other than English for those who want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will soon encounter a list of course or product templates, or what the platform refers to them blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure designed for the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled over a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content if you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are known as groups and posts and vice versa. The posts are where you put in different kinds of content, like text, videos, and images, while the categories serve as folders for the posts that are kept.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all your files to your courses on one tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and design into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Kajabi Tatiana Arias
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective way to determine if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you can select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your content.
Apart from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has made strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to connect. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone item or as a an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name or WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on the 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automated SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as choose from a variety of unique, professional themes, all of which you can personalize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus remove any Kajabi logos and substitute that with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts from when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website which includes text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets these days it’s logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile and select which site element you wish for your members to see. With all the tools you need to build your site as you wish it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can post information and comments about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site it provides a space where you can do so without limits. You can get started with the blog post by making your own using an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach or group your posts into different categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers have access to. Kajabi Tatiana Arias
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than simply send emails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Tatiana Arias
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaigns as you wish and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose the members you want to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You will not require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Tatiana Arias
Another of Kajabi’s top features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require more time and effort and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your target customers to purchase your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your product via web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build your sales funnel from starting
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the look of your checkout and landing pages, for example, to a different one The library is filled with 40+ pages templates you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can choose to cost your pupils for the products at different time frames (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or hand them out to them for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specified price for one product or multiple items, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a specific period of time. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your audience to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Tatiana Arias
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to create and market your courses However, you can connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users Live chat is available for certain times and days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to design meaningful course content. Kajabi Tatiana Arias
For training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their position in the course creation world. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of other tips and tricks assistance, the help section is available to help you on your way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content However, we need to address a few vital things that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been very useful in improving the experience. Below are the items we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are limitations too.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site might turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities in comparison to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may want to consider in making your choice. Kajabi Tatiana Arias
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost we can see how Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price It certainly has more industry-level functions than the other has as well as live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can use. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs to be able to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing for example, the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the right option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Tatiana Arias
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and your subscribers can access all your course content even when you’re in the move. Kajabi Tatiana Arias