Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have various essential features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to market your courses to your desired audience, others might not provide all these features. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that provide editing options so complicated that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful that offer not just the basic editing interface but also an array of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they also provide you with nearly all you can think of including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Teachable
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you make and sell your courses to an customers. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and necessary features that will not just create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? It’s true that there are numerous reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From course creation to the marketing services, nearly all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over others. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop an online course without having to travel elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require, living up the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the key features that you may want to watch out for in the event you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizable tools, media files, and templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and materials along with your own blog to keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other effective methods to boost your profits, further your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to charge your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with email marketing and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training materials and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who are part of different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who would want to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of important features included into every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, gain up to 1,000 active customers, and design your own website you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded with every feature you’d want when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available for all three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days available on selected blogs, so if you wish to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content with the website and course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the typical monthly prices offered by other services. There’s no free plan available either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Kajabi Teachable
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the user interface (UI) is organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for confusion, as certain elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the form of a search bar it allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by typing in the search terms. Like we said the courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English if you wish to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products or the way it calls them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created as a way to build brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled over an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content if you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are called post categories as well as category, respectively. The posts are where you insert various types of content like text, videos and images, whereas the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in the same tab. This is a great option especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the various products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to fit your style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image like your logo, images, and font design into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Teachable
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective way to determine if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
In addition aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone item or as a an element of membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across the three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as choose from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can modify to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above you can download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs, plus remove any Kajabi logos and substitute it with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories we discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website including text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections are, however are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and small tablets these days, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile and select which site element you wish members to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look as you wish it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can post information and comments about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you a space where you can do so without limits. You can get started with the blog post by making one using the text editor. You can include SEO elements if you want to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes, you have two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private one that only your users have access to. Kajabi Teachable
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are highly easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than simply send emails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Teachable
You can create as many e-mails for the campaign you want and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Teachable
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features is the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms have similar features, which require more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your intended customers to purchase your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from the beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You could even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different The library is full of 40+ page templates that you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it provides you a wide range of options to select from. You can either cost your pupils for the products at different dates (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or distribute them to them for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for a single item or for a variety of items, and set specific dates that your customers can access within a certain time frame. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy the products you offer. Kajabi Teachable
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for more functions. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled for certain times and times on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to create meaningful course content. Kajabi Teachable
For training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to resources that you can learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their standing in the course creation world. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for more tips and tricks the help desk is available to help you along the way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they meet their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and market your course content however, we must address a few vital things that are not being addressed. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like that the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack of features, it may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities in comparison to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may think about in making your choice. Kajabi Teachable
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without worrying about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. With the extremely affordable cost it’s easy to imagine the ways Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it works. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It does provide all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some tools missing like the issuance of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Teachable
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices so that you and your subscribers have access to all course content even when you’re in the move. Kajabi Teachable