Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have various essential features that you can use when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your intended viewers, other platforms might not provide all these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may provide editing options so complicated that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that, they also offer nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Theme Marketplace
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to develop and market your courses to an student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are numerous factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales the majority of Kajabi’s aspects can be digestible for people who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over other instructors. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create a course-making business without having to go to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need, living up the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets of the most important attributes that you ought to be aware of when you’re thinking about it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizable tools including media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and products along with blogs to keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other viable methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training materials in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who are part of different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who might want to give the service a shot. With the abundance of important features included in every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. In this plan, you can create three products, reach a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by the platform. Included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled with every feature you’d like when designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for all three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days also available on selected blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short trial offer is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points is the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content using the site and the course builders hasn’t been this easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations. In addition to native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s no free option available neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Kajabi Theme Marketplace
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the users interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are organized into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design does not allow for clutter, as some aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You can build a landing page, modify your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar and allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned the courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages than English in case you want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of product or course templates or the way it calls it blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure that are designed to provide an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content when you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are called categories and posts, and vice versa. The posts are where you can insert different types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name, you can add all your files to your courses in one page. This can be useful particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any of the themes to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand, such as the logo, images, and font design into the course player to add a your own personal style. Kajabi Theme Marketplace
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great way to determine whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content more.
In addition in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating areas for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered as a separate product or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on the three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and safety with an automated SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
You’re also given the liberty to modify your domain as well as pick from a variety of premium, unique themes, all of which you can modify to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus take away all Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your own!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the available themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories from when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that make up the content of the website, such as text, media files or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets nowadays, it makes total sense for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile and select which site element you wish for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to create your website how you would like it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating posting blog content by making one using Text Editor. You may include SEO elements if you want to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast you can choose between two choices: publish it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private podcast that only your members are able to access. Kajabi Theme Marketplace
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are supremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than just send e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses following checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Theme Marketplace
You can create as many e-mails for the campaign you want and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can also choose the members you want to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of you. In addition to paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Theme Marketplace
Another of Kajabi’s notable features is the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more effort and time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to persuade your audience to buy your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for whenever you want to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from the beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You could even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme – there is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For the pricing, Kajabi provides you a wide range to choose from. You can cost your pupils for the services at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or give them away to them for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a specific product or multiple products, as well as establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a specific timeframe. You can also create coupons to encourage your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Theme Marketplace
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses However, you have the option to connect to other third-party applications for more functions. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the only course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for Basic users Live chat support is scheduled at specific times and on certain days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to develop relevant course content. Kajabi Theme Marketplace
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their position in the world of course design. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for other advice and tricks assistance, the help section is available to help you in the right direction. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they meet their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material However, we need to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would have been very useful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are limits as well.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, such as having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might think about in your decision. Kajabi Theme Marketplace
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly price we can understand the way Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other has, and this includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it works. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can use. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need to be able to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing, such as the issuance of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the best option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, but it is a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Kajabi Theme Marketplace
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and your subscribers can access your entire courses even while traveling. Kajabi Theme Marketplace