Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have many crucial features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired audience, others might not provide all the features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may provide editing options so complicated that it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. Additionally, they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Till I Die
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you make and sell your course content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not just create a professional website for your courses , but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? It’s true that there are many reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing and sales almost all of the Kajabi features are designed to be easily digestible even for those who are just getting started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over others. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without the need to look to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form of the key characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on if you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing including media files, templates you can select depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and products along with blogs to keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other effective methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training tools and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who want to give it a try. With the abundance of essential features already packed into each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, gain up to 1,000 active customers, and create a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled with every feature you could ask for when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available on all three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days available on certain blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. The creation of content using the website and course creator software was never this easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s not a free option either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Till I Die
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you will find that all the features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You can create a landing page, modify your course and engage with other instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar, and allows you to search for tools and items within the site by entering the search terms. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other than English in case you want to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products, or the way it refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created in order to increase brand value, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure created to offer the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses that are scheduled over a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course-maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create a course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are known as groups and posts and vice versa. The posts are where you put in different kinds of content, like text, videos images, and text, while the categories function as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to include in your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in the same tab. This is a great option especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ themes for courses. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any theme to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image like your logo or images as well as font designs , into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Kajabi Till I Die
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you can choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your content.
In addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating areas for students and teachers to communicate. With the Community feature, students have access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone product or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain or WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on all three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automated SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, as well as choose from a wide array of premium, unique themes that you can personalize to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you can download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus take away the Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the available themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories we discussed when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the content of the website, such as media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets it is logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking which site element you wish members to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish information and comments on the content of your course. If you want to make the most the Kajabi-made website it provides the opportunity to do so without limits. Start by creating posting blog content by making one with the text editor. You may include SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach or group your posts into different categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private one that only your users can get access to. Kajabi Till I Die
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Till I Die
You can create as many e-mails to your campaign as you want and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can even select which members of your group are eligible the messages. The management of e-mails has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates who can help promote your content on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Till I Die
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more time and effort however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to persuade your customers to purchase your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build an effective sales funnel right from ground
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You could even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme – there is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it gives you a wide range to choose from. You can either charge your students for your products at different times (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or give them away to them for free. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a single product or a number of products, as well as establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a specific period of time. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your target audience to buy the products you offer. Kajabi Till I Die
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always available to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to create relevant courses. Kajabi Till I Die
For training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their standing in the field of course development. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for more tips and tricks assistance, the help section is always there to guide you in the right direction. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and market your course content However, we need to address a few vital things that are not being addressed. Most of them would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish for the lack of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limits also.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan, and the lack in features it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might want to consider in making your choice. Kajabi Till I Die
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than other. With the extremely affordable price, we can imagine the way Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other has, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it operates. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can use. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing like the issue of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Kajabi Till I Die
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices so that you and your subscribed members can access your entire course materials even when in the move. Kajabi Till I Die