Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have a variety of essential features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your intended audience, others may not have most of these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that have an editing experience so complex that they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that, they also offer nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Toward The End
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to make and sell your course content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming score with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? It’s true that there are many factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an advantage over the rest. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without the need to look to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the key attributes that you ought to be aware of when you’re thinking about it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizable tools including media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and products, as well as your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages and other methods to increase your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with email marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community and training materials in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who might be interested in giving it a try. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed within every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. In this plan, you can create three products, gain a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly, which is filled to the brim with all the features you’d like when it comes to designing and selling your course. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days also available on selected blogs, so if you want to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services for that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. The creation of content using the site and course builder software has never been so easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s not a free option neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Kajabi Toward The End
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of clutter, as some aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course and engage with other instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar, and allows you to search for items and tools on the site by entering the search terms. Like we said, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages that English for those who want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will be able to see a collection of course or product templates or, as the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content if you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are referred to as post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are where you put in different types of content like text, videos images, and text, while the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name, you can add all your files to your courses in one page. This is a great option especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the different products. Like the outline creator, it’s easy to customize any theme to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand like your logo, images, and font designs , into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Toward The End
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great method of determining whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your material more.
Apart from that, in addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in creating areas for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone product or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automatic SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You also have the option to customize your domain, as well as pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can personalize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also eliminate all Kajabi branding and replace that with your personal brand!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content which includes text, media files or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and small tablets these days it is logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like members to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website however you want it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post comments and updates on your course content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with your blog posts by creating your own using an editor for text. It is possible to include SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience or group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private version that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Toward The End
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are supremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your courses following checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Toward The End
You can create as many emails to the campaign you like and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to advertise your website on your behalf. In addition to paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to determine how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Toward The End
Another of Kajabi’s notable features can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features that require more effort and time however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to convince your intended audience to buy your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for whenever you want to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build the sales funnel you want from the beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different – there is a library with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi provides you a wide range of options to select from. You can choose to charge your students for your products at different dates (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or hand them out for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for one product or multiple products, as well as establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a certain period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy any of your offers. Kajabi Toward The End
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you make and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for more functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for Basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to create useful course content. Kajabi Toward The End
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the world of course design. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of additional tips and tricks the help desk will be there to help you on your way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they reach their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material, but we have to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of options for question types as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, such as the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site could cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities with Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi Toward The End
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without worrying about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price range it’s easy to see how Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other has which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it operates. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It does provide all the features you need to be able to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few tools that are missing for example, the issue of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Kajabi Toward The End
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app for you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire courses even while traveling. Kajabi Toward The End