Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many essential features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your intended audience, some may not have most of the features. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may have an editing experience so complex that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that, they also provide you with nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Underneath The Banner
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to create and sell your content to your customers. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? There are plenty of factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be easily digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over others. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create an online course without having to go to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points, of its important attributes that you ought to watch out for in the event you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and products and your own blog to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages, and other effective methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training tools, with the addition of Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who come from different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who be interested in giving Kajabi a go. However, when you consider the number of important features included within every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, garner a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make your own website you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly and is packed with all the features you’d want when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available on each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days also offered on select blogs, so if you wish to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, then the brief trial offer is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content with the website and course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Underneath The Banner
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are organized into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design does not allow for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can create your own landing page, alter your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar, and it lets you look for tools and items on the site by typing in the words. As previously mentioned the website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages than English in case you want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of course or product templates, or, as the platform calls it, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure designed for an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes that are scheduled for a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints let you create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons called groups and posts and vice versa. Posts are the places where you can insert different kinds of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories serve as folders in which the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. You can upload all of them directly from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests, you can add all your files to your course in the same tab. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your brand, such as the logo, images, and font design into the course player to add a your own personal style. Kajabi Underneath The Banner
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful method of determining whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content.
In addition in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also been able to make strides in creating areas for students and teachers to connect. With the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is available as a separate feature or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name or WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across all three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant security and security through the automatic SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as choose from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can personalize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs and also eliminate the Kajabi logos and substitute it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories from when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that make up the content of the website including text, media files or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it is logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile and select the elements of your website you want for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look however you want it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can publish comments and updates on your course content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you the opportunity to do so without limits. It is possible to begin with the blog post by creating your own using the text editor. You may include SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience or group your posts into different categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast, you have two options: either release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your users can get access to. Kajabi Underneath The Banner
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Underneath The Banner
You can send as many emails to your campaign as you wish and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which of your members gets the messages. Managing e-mails has never been more complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates in order to promote your content on your behalf. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Underneath The Banner
Another of Kajabi’s top features is the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to convince your intended audience to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create your sales funnel from the starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme There is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi offers customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can choose to make your student pay for products at various times (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or distribute them at no cost. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a single product or multiple products, and specify specific dates your customers can access within a certain period of time. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your target audience to buy any of your offers. Kajabi Underneath The Banner
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you make and market your courses However, you can connect to third-party applications to provide more functions. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and times during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to create useful educational content. Kajabi Underneath The Banner
For tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for additional tips and tricks assistance, the help section is available to help you on your way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they reach their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material however, we must address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits also.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities with Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might be considering when making your choice. Kajabi Underneath The Banner
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost it’s easy to understand the ways Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than the other has which includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it works. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs to be able to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing, such as the issuance of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it might not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Underneath The Banner
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all courses even while in the move. Kajabi Underneath The Banner