Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various important features you can utilize when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to promote classes to your desired viewers, other platforms might not provide all those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that offer editing features that are so complex that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they offer almost everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Underneath The Stars
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you create and sell your courses to an audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? Well, there are quite plenty of factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be easily digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an advantage over other instructors. Additionally this allows students like you to run and create an online course without having to travel elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need in order to live up its ‘one stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the key features that you may want to be aware of when you’re thinking about using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of tools for customizing, media files, and templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and materials and your own blog to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with email marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service and training tools, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people who come from different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. As of this writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who would be interested in giving Kajabi a go. However, when you consider the number of features that are included into each plan, the pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, gain a maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled with all the features you could ask for when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day trial is available. trial is offered for all three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days offered on select blogs, so if you wish to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with any other third-party service to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. Making content with the website and course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations. Aside from native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Underneath The Stars
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will find that all the features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching it allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by entering the search terms. As previously mentioned the website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products or, as the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content designed for the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs which are planned over an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content if you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons referred to as groups and posts and vice versa. Posts are where you put in different kinds of content, including text, video, and images, while the categories serve as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to be added to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your course in one page. This can be useful especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for different products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any of the themes to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Kajabi Underneath The Stars
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective way to assess if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment option, you are able to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
Apart from that, the LMS site has also made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to communicate. With the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone product or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through the automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as pick from a variety of unique, professional themes that you can customize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and above, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus eliminate any Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories we discussed when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content, such as text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile and select the elements of your website you want for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look however you want it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can post updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you the opportunity to do so without limits. Start by creating your blog posts by making one with an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast there are two options: either release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your members can get access to. Kajabi Underneath The Stars
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails about your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than simply send emails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Underneath The Stars
You can send as many e-mails to your campaign as you want and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can even select the members you want the messages. E-mail management has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You will not require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Apart from paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to see how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Underneath The Stars
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your target audience to buy your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from the ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the design of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one The library is full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of options to select from. You can charge your students for your services at various times (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or hand them out to them for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a specific product or multiple products, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a certain timeframe. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Underneath The Stars
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to create and market your courses, but you also can connect to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users, live chat is available at certain times and times of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many who use it to develop meaningful courses. Kajabi Underneath The Stars
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to use resources to master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the world of course design. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for additional information and tips the help desk is available to help you on your way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they achieve their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content However, we need to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been very useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a plethora of features, it could make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might be considering in your decision. Kajabi Underneath The Stars
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. With the extremely affordable cost we can imagine the ways Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other which includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide the essentials anyone must need to be able to build a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools missing for example, the issuance of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Underneath The Stars
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and your subscribers can access all your course content even when you’re in the move. Kajabi Underneath The Stars