Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many important features you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your desired audience, others might not provide all those things. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that offer editing features that are that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they provide you with nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Updates
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to create and sell your course content to your audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and necessary features that will not just create a professional website for your courses but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the top online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are plenty of factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s features can be digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over the rest. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create a course-making business without having to go to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need in order to live up its ‘one stop shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points, of its important characteristics that you might want to be aware of if you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of tools for customizing including media files, templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and products along with a blog where you can keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages and other viable methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with email marketing and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of customer service, community, and training resources in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. As of this writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who want to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of features that are included into each plan, the pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, reach up to 1000 active users, as well as design a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded to the brim with all the features you’d want when making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day free trial is available for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs. So if you want to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services to do this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content with the website and course builder software has never been this easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free option available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Updates
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s user interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you will find that all the features are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and engage with other instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching and allows you to search for tools and items within the site by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously the website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English for those who want to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of templates for courses or products or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand value, while online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs that are scheduled for an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content when you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints let you make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are known as post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are where you put in different types of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to include in your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests, you can add all your files to your courses in one page. This one is handy particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand like your logo or images as well as font design into the course player to add a a personal touch. Kajabi Updates
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective way to determine if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. Through the assessment feature, you can select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your content.
Aside from that in addition, in addition, the LMS website also has made strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is available either as a standalone product or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as choose from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can personalize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as take away all Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website which includes media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it’s logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website as you wish it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish information and comments on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating your blog posts by creating one using the text editor. You may include SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes there are two options: either release it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers can get access to. Kajabi Updates
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Updates
You can create as many emails to your campaigns as you want and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can choose the members you want the messages. E-mail management has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help in promoting your site on your behalf. Alongside paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Updates
Another of Kajabi’s top features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms have similar features, which require more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your intended audience to buy your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from starting
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You could even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one There is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it provides you a wide range of pricing options. You can choose to charge your students for your products at different time frames (one-time or subscription and several payments) or distribute them to them for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a single product or a number of products, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a given time frame. You can also create coupons to encourage your customers to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Updates
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for basic users Live chat is available for certain times and days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to create meaningful course content. Kajabi Updates
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for additional advice and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you along the way. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material However, we need to take care of a few essential things that are missing. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limitations too.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan, and the lack in features it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities with Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might be considering when making your choice. Kajabi Updates
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. With the extremely affordable price range we can understand how Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has greater features that Kajabi as well as live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it works. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few tools missing, such as the issuance of certificates in particular. With a high cost, it may not be the best option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Kajabi Updates
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and your subscribed members can access all your courses even while traveling. Kajabi Updates