Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many essential features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your target viewers, other platforms might not provide all the features. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may offer editing features that are so complex that it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some that offer not just the basic editing interface but also an array of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look What is Kajabi? Kajabi Versus Teachable
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to create and sell your course content to your audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? Well, there are quite many reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be accessible to those who are new in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over the rest. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without having to go elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullets of the most important attributes that you ought to be aware of in the event you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing such as media files, templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and products along with your own blog to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other viable methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community, and training resources, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of many of the most well-known people that are from various industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who be interested in giving the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of important features included into each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, garner up to 1,000 active customers, and design a website that you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded with every feature you’d like when making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day free trial is available for each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days also available on certain blogs. If you wish to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. Making content with the site and course builders hasn’t been this simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations. Aside from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students in your classes. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Versus Teachable
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is structured. If you check the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can create your own landing page, alter your course, and even engage with other instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar, and allows you to search for tools and items on the site by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages that English in case you want to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products or the way it calls them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure designed for an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content if you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints let you make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are referred to as post categories as well as category, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content including text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies that you can upload all your files to your courses in the same tab. This can be useful especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to alter any theme to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image including logos images, fonts, and designs , into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Kajabi Versus Teachable
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments can be a great method of determining if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you get to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content more.
Aside from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website has made strides in creating areas for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone item or as a an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents with your domain name as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant security and security through the automatic SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain and also pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can modify to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan or higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs and also take away all Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the content of the website which includes text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it is logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing which site element you wish members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site however you want it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can publish comments and updates on your course content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating your blog posts by making your own using an editor for text. You may include SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast, you have two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private one that only your members have access to. Kajabi Versus Teachable
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails about your course and website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Versus Teachable
You can create as many emails to the campaign you like and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to advertise your website on behalf of you. Apart from paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Versus Teachable
Another of Kajabi’s top features are its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to persuade your public to buy your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You could even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme The library is full of 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it gives you a wide range to choose from. You can cost your pupils for the products at various dates (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or hand them out at no cost. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for a specific product or a number of products, as well as specify specific dates your students can access your products within a given period of time. You can also create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy all of your products. Kajabi Versus Teachable
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you create and market your courses however, you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users live chat support is scheduled at certain times and times on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to create meaningful course content. Kajabi Versus Teachable
For tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for more tips and tricks the help desk is always there to guide you along the way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they reach their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the lack of question type options and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal are accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits too.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack in features it may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities in comparison to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might want to consider in making your choice. Kajabi Versus Teachable
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without worrying about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly price range it’s easy to understand the way Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than the other has, and this includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it functions. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It sure does offer all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing, such as the issuance of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Versus Teachable
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and your subscribers can access your entire course content even when you’re traveling. Kajabi Versus Teachable