A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with many important features you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to market your courses to your desired viewers, other platforms might not provide all the features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may have an editing experience so complicated that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Versus Thinkific
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you develop and market your course content to your customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not just create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? It’s true that there are many aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From course creation to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be digestible even for those who are just getting started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over the rest. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points, of its important characteristics that you might want to be aware of when you’re thinking about it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and other products along with your own blog to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages, and other methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to charge your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training tools in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of many of the most well-known people who are part of different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who like to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of important features included in every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you can create three products, garner a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as make a website that you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed to the brim with every feature you’d like when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day free trial is available on each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is also available on selected blogs, so if you want to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platform’s best-selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. Making content using the site and course builders hasn’t been so easy and quick, as it requires less time and effort to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations. Aside from native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the typical monthly prices offered by other services. There’s no free option available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Versus Thinkific
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the users interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are arranged into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and engage with other instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar, and allows you to search for tools and items on the site by typing in the search terms. Like we said that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages than English for those who want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of course or product templates or the way it calls it, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created in order to increase brand value, while online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure designed for the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs that are scheduled for an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content if you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. But, aside from the courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are called categories and posts, or. The posts are where you insert various types of content including text, video, and images, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all your files to your course in the same tab. This can be useful particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any theme to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand like your logo, images, and font designs into the course player to add a a personal touch. Kajabi Versus Thinkific
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to make quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments are a helpful way to determine if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you can choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your content.
In addition aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made progress in creating areas for students and teachers to communicate. Through the Community feature, students have access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone product or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents to your web domain or WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, as well as pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can personalize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as eliminate any Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the available themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts from when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content including text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it’s logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select the element of your site you would like for your member learners to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site how you would like it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share updates and thoughts on your course content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating posting blog content by making one with an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach, group your posts into different categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Versus Thinkific
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than simply send emails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Versus Thinkific
You can create as many emails to your campaign as you like and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can choose the members you want to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to see how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Versus Thinkific
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms have similar features, which require more time and effort and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your target public to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for whenever you want to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from the ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different – there is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are immediately sent to your bank account.
For the pricing, Kajabi provides an array of options for you of pricing options. You can charge your students for your services at various dates (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or distribute them for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for a single item or for a variety of products, and specify specific dates your members can access within a certain timeframe. You can also create coupons to encourage your audience to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Versus Thinkific
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to make and market your courses however, you also can connect to third-party apps for more functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users Live chat support is scheduled at specific times and on certain days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many who use it to design relevant course content. Kajabi Versus Thinkific
For training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their position in the course creation world. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for more information and tips, the help center is always there to guide you along the way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they reach their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and market your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of question type options as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limits also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations like the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site could turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities in comparison to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might think about when making your choice. Kajabi Versus Thinkific
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without worrying about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range it’s easy to imagine the way Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than the other has as well as live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it functions. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing for example, the issue of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Versus Thinkific
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. If you do want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and your subscribed members can access all your course materials even when on the go. Kajabi Versus Thinkific