A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer various crucial features that you can use when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your target audience, some might not offer all of these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that provide editing options so complex that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they also offer almost everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Via Email
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you develop and market your courses to an audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and necessary features that will not just create a professional website for your courses but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? There are many reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing and sales almost all of the Kajabi features are designed to be digestible for people who are just getting started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over the rest. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop an online course without having to go to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the key characteristics that you might want to watch out for when you’re thinking about the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and other products, as well as your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other effective ways to improve your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with email marketing and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names that are from various industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who might like to give it a try. With the abundance of essential features already packed in each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, garner an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as create websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly and is packed with all the features you’d like when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. However, a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days offered on select blogs, so if you’re looking to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and course builders hasn’t been this easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations. In addition to native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in your classes. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign tests or assignments. Kajabi Via Email
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are organized into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful when you need to search for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching it allows you to search for specific tools and products on the website by typing in the keywords. Like we said the site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other than English if you wish to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of course or product templates or the way it calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand value, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are called post categories as well as category, respectively. The posts are where you can insert different types of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories function as folders in which the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories for posts in one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. Upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies that you can upload all your files to your courses in one page. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the various products. Like the outline creator, it’s easy to customize any theme to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs , into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Via Email
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment feature, you can choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content more.
Aside from that in addition, in addition, the LMS website has made strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to communicate. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with other students your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate feature or as component of your member.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name or WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across the 3 pricing options. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with the automatic SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You also have the option to customize your domain, as well as pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can personalize to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as eliminate the Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content which includes text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it is logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select the element of your site you would like for your members to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi lets you create a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website it provides a space where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating posting blog content by making your own using Text Editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes, you have two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private podcast that only your users have access to. Kajabi Via Email
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send emails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than simply send emails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Via Email
You are able to create as many e-mails for the campaign you want and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can even select the members you want to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates who can help promote your content on behalf of you. In addition to paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Via Email
Another of Kajabi’s standouts are its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to persuade your customers to purchase your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build the sales funnel you want from beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You can even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different There is a library full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi offers an array of options for you of pricing options. You can choose to charge your students for your services at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or hand them out for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for a specific product or multiple products, and specify specific dates your customers can access within a given time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons to encourage your audience to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Via Email
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to make and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you if you’re struggling to create a course or page among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled for certain times and times during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many who use it to develop useful courses. Kajabi Via Email
For tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their standing in the field of course development. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for more tips and tricks assistance, the help section is always there to guide you along the way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they achieve their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content, but we have to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the lack of options for question types and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limitations too.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in features it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may want to consider in making your choice. Kajabi Via Email
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly cost we can understand how Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price It certainly has more industry-level functions than the other has, and this includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it works. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can use. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools that are missing, such as the issuance of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the right option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Kajabi Via Email
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and your subscribers can access all your course materials even when on the go. Kajabi Via Email