Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have various essential features that you can use when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your intended audience, some might not offer all of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that offer editing features that are so complex that they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they offer almost everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Vs Mailchimp
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you make and sell your content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? Well, there are quite numerous factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over other instructors. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without having to go elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need, living up its ‘one stop shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points of the most important attributes that you ought to keep an eye on if you’re considering the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizable tools, media files, and templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and other products, as well as your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages, and other effective ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community and training tools and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. At the time of writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who would like to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed into every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, reach a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design your own website you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded to the brim with every feature you could ask for when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is offered for all three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days also available on certain blogs. So if you want to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and course creator software was never this easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. Apart from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Kajabi Vs Mailchimp
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the user interface (UI) is organized. If you check the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the form of a search bar and allows you to search for tools and items within the website by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to share your content with broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of product or course templates, or, as the platform calls them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand value, while Online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create a course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are called categories and posts, and vice versa. The posts are where you put in different types of content, like text, videos, and images, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to be added to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies that you can upload all your files to your courses on one tab. This can be useful particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the various products. Like the outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs , into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi Vs Mailchimp
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective way to determine if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. Through the assessment feature, you get to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your content more.
Apart from that, the LMS website also has made strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. With the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone item or as a component of your member.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents with your domain name or WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and safety with an automated SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain and also pick from a wide array of unique, professional themes, which you can personalize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you can download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as take away any Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your personal brand!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the available themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts from when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the site’s content which includes media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays it is logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website however you want it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-made site it provides the opportunity to do so without limits. Start by creating posting blog content by making one using an editor for text. You may include SEO elements if you want to expand your reach, group your posts into different categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes, you have two options: either release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your members have access to. Kajabi Vs Mailchimp
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are highly convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Vs Mailchimp
You can create as many e-mails to your campaigns as you like and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can even select the members you want to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates who can help promote your content on behalf of you. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Vs Mailchimp
Another of Kajabi’s top features are the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated problems. While other platforms offer similar features that require more time and effort however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your intended customers to purchase your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for whenever you want to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from the ground
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different There is a library full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it provides an array of options for you to choose from. You can either charge your students for your services at various dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or distribute them for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a single product or a number of products, and specify specific dates your students can access your products within a specific time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Kajabi Vs Mailchimp
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the only course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for Basic users live Chat support can be scheduled for specific times and on certain days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to create useful educational content. Kajabi Vs Mailchimp
For training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their position in the world of course design. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for other tips and tricks assistance, the help section is available to help you on your way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material However, we need to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations like having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack of features, it could turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might think about in your decision. Kajabi Vs Mailchimp
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price it’s easy to see the ways Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price It certainly has higher-end features than the other as well as live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs to be able to build a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing like the issuance of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Vs Mailchimp
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices so that you and your subscribers can access your entire course content even when you’re traveling. Kajabi Vs Mailchimp