Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many important features you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired audience, some may not have most of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are some that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they also offer almost everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Vs WordPress 2021
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to create and sell your courses to an audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. First, it’s the simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales almost all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be digestible even for those who are just getting started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over the rest. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without having to travel elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets of the key characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on if you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools such as media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and products and your own blog to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other viable ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of community, and training resources, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who come from different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different than other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who might want to give Kajabi a go. With the abundance of important features included within each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, gain an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly and is packed to the brim with every feature you could ask for when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. But a 14-day free trial is available on all three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is available on certain blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the short trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with any other third-party service for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations. Apart from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Vs WordPress 2021
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s User Interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are organized into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of clutter, as some features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the form of a search bar, and it lets you look for tools and items on the site by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other than English if you wish to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of product or course templates or, as the platform calls them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand value, while Online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure designed for the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled over a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content when you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course-maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints let you create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons referred to as groups and posts or. Posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, including text, video images, and text, while the categories serve as folders for the posts that are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all your files to your courses in one tab. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand, such as the logo or images as well as font design into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Vs WordPress 2021
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your content.
In addition, the LMS website also has made progress in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. With the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with other students your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone feature or as an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents to your web domain or WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through an automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, and also pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can modify to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan or higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus remove any Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your own!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories we discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that make up the content of the website which includes media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays it is logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your member learners to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you the opportunity to do so without limits. You can get started with posting blog content by creating your own using Text Editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private version which only your subscribers can get access to. Kajabi Vs WordPress 2021
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are supremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails about your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than just send e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Vs WordPress 2021
You are able to create as many emails to your campaigns as you wish and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Alongside paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to determine how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Vs WordPress 2021
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more effort and time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners can make better use of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your intended public to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from the beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You could even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one – there is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi offers you a wide range of options to select from. You can cost your pupils for the products at different dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or hand them out to them for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a set amount for a single product or a number of products, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a given timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy all of your products. Kajabi Vs WordPress 2021
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses However, you have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you when you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users live chat is available for certain times and days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to develop useful educational content. Kajabi Vs WordPress 2021
As for training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to use resources to learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their standing in the field of course development. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for additional tips and tricks the help desk will be there to help you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they achieve their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and market your course content However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. The majority of these would be extremely useful in improving the experience. Below are the items we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are certain limits also.
- A public API key. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, such as having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities with Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi Vs WordPress 2021
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than other. With the extremely affordable price range, we can imagine how Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other has as well as live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it operates. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing like the issue of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, but it is a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Vs WordPress 2021
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you do want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribed members have access to all course content even when you’re in the move. Kajabi Vs WordPress 2021