A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have many crucial features that can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired viewers, other platforms might not provide all the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that have an editing experience so complicated that it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that offer not just the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they also offer almost everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Websites
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you create and sell your courses to an customers. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? It’s true that there are many factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are accessible to those who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over the rest. Additionally this allows students like you run and develop an online course without having to travel to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form, of its important characteristics that you might want to be aware of when you’re thinking about it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizing tools such as media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and other products, as well as your own blog to keep your students updated on what’s new.
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other effective ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with email marketing and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service, and training resources and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who might want to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of important features included within each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, gain up to 1000 active users, as well as make websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled with every feature you’d want when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. But a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs. If you wish to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, the limited trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. Making content with the website and course builder software has never been this simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations. In addition to native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Websites
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching and allows you to search for specific tools and products on the website by typing in the search terms. Like we said that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages than English in case you want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products or, as the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure created to offer the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content if you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course maker. But, aside from the courses, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create an entire course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are known as categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you can insert different types of content such as text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders where the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files to be added to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them either from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all your files to your courses in the same tab. This can be useful particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any of the themes to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements of your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs , into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Websites
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. Through the assessment feature, you get to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your content more.
Apart from that in addition, in addition, the LMS site has also made strides in creating areas for students and teachers to interact. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone feature or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re assured of instant security and security through an automated SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, as well as pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can personalize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan or higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also eliminate any Kajabi logos and substitute it with your own!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the given website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts from when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that make up the content of the website including media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with the blog post by making one using Text Editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes there are two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Websites
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send emails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than just send e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Websites
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaigns as you want and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can also choose the members you want to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been this complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on your behalf. Alongside paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to determine how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Websites
Another of Kajabi’s notable features are the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more effort and time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your intended public to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from the starting
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme There is a library full of 40+ page templates that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For pricing options, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can choose to charge your students for your products at various time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or hand them out at no cost. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a specific product or a number of products, and specify specific dates your members can access within a given period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons to encourage your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Websites
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you create and market your courses However, you have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat is available at certain times and days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to design useful educational content. Kajabi Websites
For tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their position in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for more advice and tricks, the help center will be there to help you in the right direction. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they meet their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material however, we must look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish for the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we don’t understand why there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, such as having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack of features, it could cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities in comparison to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may think about in making your choice. Kajabi Websites
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost it’s easy to imagine the way Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other has as well as live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it works. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs to be able to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools that are missing, such as the issuance of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Kajabi Websites
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and the members who have subscribed can access all your courses even while traveling. Kajabi Websites