Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with various essential features that you can use when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your intended audience, some might not provide all these features. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that provide editing options so complex that they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they also offer nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Youtube Brendon Burchard
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to make and sell your content to your student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and necessary features that will not just create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? It’s true that there are plenty of factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. First, it’s the simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects can be accessible to those who are just getting started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over others. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without the need to look to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the most important characteristics that you might want to be aware of in the event you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and products along with blogs to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Make the most of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other effective ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with email marketing and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community, and training resources and features, including Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who are part of different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. As of this time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who might be interested in giving it a try. But considering the huge amount of features that are included into each plan, the pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, reach a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled with all the features you could ask for when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day trial is available. trial is available for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs. If you want to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. The creation of content using the site and course builders hasn’t been so easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Youtube Brendon Burchard
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the users interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You can build an online landing page, change your course and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching it allows you to search for tools and items on the site by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages that English if you wish to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may soon encounter a list of course or product templates or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure designed for a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes that are scheduled for an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course-maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create your own course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons called groups and posts respectively. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to include in your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload all of them directly from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all your files to your courses in one page. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for various products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any theme to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image like your logo images, fonts, and designs , into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Kajabi Youtube Brendon Burchard
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment option, you are able to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your content.
Aside from that aside from that, the LMS website has been able to make strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to connect. With the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone product or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on the 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your website.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as choose from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can modify to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan and above you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs as well as remove the Kajabi logos and substitute it with your own!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the given website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories we discussed when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content, such as text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets it’s logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing which site element you wish members to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-made site it provides the opportunity to do so without limits. Start by creating the blog post by making one using an editor for text. You may incorporate SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories or even change the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes, you have two choices: publish it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private one which only your subscribers are able to access. Kajabi Youtube Brendon Burchard
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Youtube Brendon Burchard
You can create as many e-mails for your campaign as you want and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on behalf of you. In addition to paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Youtube Brendon Burchard
Another of Kajabi’s standouts can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to convince your target public to buy your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build your sales funnel from the ground
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme – there is a library full of 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi offers an array of options for you of options to select from. You can cost your pupils for the services at various time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or hand them out for free. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for a single item or for a variety of products, as well as specify specific dates your customers can access within a given timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons to encourage your audience to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Youtube Brendon Burchard
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to make and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for Basic users Live chat is available at certain times and times on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to develop relevant course content. Kajabi Youtube Brendon Burchard
For training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their standing in the course creation world. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for other advice and tricks assistance, the help section is always there to guide you in the right direction. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material however, we must take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful in improving the experience. Below are the items we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal are accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are limitations as well.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site might make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity with Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may think about when making your choice. Kajabi Youtube Brendon Burchard
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. With the extremely affordable price range it’s easy to understand how Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other has, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It sure does offer all the features you need to be able to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there like the issuance of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Youtube Brendon Burchard
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and your subscribed members can access your entire course content even when you’re on the go. Kajabi Youtube Brendon Burchard