A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer a variety of crucial features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your intended audience, some might not provide all those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that offer editing features that are so complicated that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they also offer nearly all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Zapier
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you develop and market your courses to an customers. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation all the way to the marketing services, nearly all of the Kajabi features are designed to be digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over the rest. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require, living up its ‘one stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the most important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on if you’re considering using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing such as media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and other products and your own blog to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages and other effective ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to bill your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with email marketing and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who like to give it a try. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed into each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. In this plan, you can create three products, reach up to 1,000 active customers, and design your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly, which is filled to the brim with every feature you’d like when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days also offered on select blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the limited free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions to do this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. Making content with the website and course builders hasn’t been so easy and swift, and it requires less time and effort to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations. Aside from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students enrolled in your classes. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free option available neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign tests or assignments. Kajabi Zapier
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s users interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are divided into five major sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and engage with other instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar, and allows you to search for tools and items on the site by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages than English if you wish to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products or the way it refers to them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version versions that have a complete structure of content designed for a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses which are planned over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course-maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints let you make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons known as categories and posts, respectively. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content including text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies that you can upload all your files to your courses on one page. This can be useful especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs , into the course player to add a a personal touch. Kajabi Zapier
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you can choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content.
Apart from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature your students are able to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is available as a separate product or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents to your web domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for the 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automated SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, as well as pick from a range of premium, unique themes that you can personalize to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs and also take away the Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts from when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website, such as text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing which site element you wish members to view. With all the tools you need to create your website how you would like it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can share information and comments about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. Start by creating posting blog content by creating one with an editor for text. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach, group your posts into different categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode, you have two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private version that only your users have access to. Kajabi Zapier
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are supremely easy and straightforward to even non- marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails about your course and website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Zapier
You can create as many e-mails to the campaign you want and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can even select the members you want the messages. The management of e-mails has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates to help advertise your website on your behalf. Alongside paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Zapier
Another of Kajabi’s notable features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more time and effort and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to convince your target public to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from the ground
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different – there is a library with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
For price options for Kajabi, it provides an array of options for you of pricing options. You can choose to cost your pupils for the products at various time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or give them away to them for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a single item or for a variety of products, as well as establish specific dates for your members can access within a given time frame. You can also create coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Zapier
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to create and market your courses However, you have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you’re struggling to create a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled at certain times and times during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop relevant course content. Kajabi Zapier
For tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their position in the world of course design. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for additional information and tips assistance, the help section is available to help you in the right direction. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they meet their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content However, we need to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been very useful in improving the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish for the absence of question type options – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t understand why there are certain limits too.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for creating custom integrations for example, letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack of features, it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity in comparison to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might think about when making your choice. Kajabi Zapier
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without worrying about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly cost, we can see the way Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than the other has as well as live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it works. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It certainly has all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there, such as the issue of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Zapier
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access all your course content even when you’re traveling. Kajabi Zapier