Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with various important features you can utilize when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your desired audience, others might not offer all of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that offer editing features that are so complicated that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they provide you with nearly all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kartra Vs Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you create and sell your content to your customers. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not only create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive score with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily accessible to those who are just getting started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over the rest. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build an online course without having to travel elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points, of its important features that you may want to watch out for in the event you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and other products, as well as blogs to keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other viable methods to increase your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community, customer service and training materials and features, including Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. In the last writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who might be interested in giving it a try. However, when you consider the number of important features included in each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you can create three products, reach up to 1,000 active customers, and create a website that you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded to the brim with all the features you’d want when making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. However, a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days also available on selected blogs. So if you’re looking to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points is the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. Making content with the website and course builders hasn’t been this easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations. In addition to native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s not a free option neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Kartra Vs Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You can create your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the form of a search bar, it allows you to search for specific tools and products within the site by typing in the keywords. Like we said, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English for those who want to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of product or course templates or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created in order to increase brand value, while Online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure created to offer a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled for an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design a course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are known as categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you can insert different types of content, including text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them from your computer folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all your files to your course in the same tab. This one is handy particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for different products. Like the outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand like your logo, images, and font designs into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kartra Vs Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments can be a great method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
Apart from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website has made strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature students have access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with other students your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone product or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name or WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across all three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through the automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as choose from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can customize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you can download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as eliminate the Kajabi branding and replace it with your own!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts from when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that make up the content of the website including text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets these days it is logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile and select the elements of your website you want members to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look as you wish it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can post information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out the Kajabi-made website it provides a space where you can do so without limits. You can get started with posting blog content by creating one using an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast there are two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private one which only your subscribers are able to access. Kartra Vs Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than simply send emails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kartra Vs Kajabi
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaigns as you like and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You will not require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to determine how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kartra Vs Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts is the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more effort and time, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can benefit from it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to persuade your public to buy your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct your sales funnel from the ground
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one – there is a library with more than 40 page templates that you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can either charge your students for your services at different times (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or hand them out for free. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a single product or multiple products, as well as establish specific dates for your members can access within a given period of time. You can also create coupons to encourage your audience to purchase all of your products. Kartra Vs Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you create and market your courses However, you have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat is available at specific times and on certain days during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to design useful courses. Kartra Vs Kajabi
As for training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the world of course design. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of other tips and tricks the help desk is available to help you along the way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content however, we must address a few vital things that are missing. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan, and the lack in features it may make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might want to consider in making your choice. Kartra Vs Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than even Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price, we can imagine the way Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has greater features that the other has, and this includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it functions. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need to be able to build a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there like the issuance of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the best option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Kartra Vs Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and your subscribed members can access all your course materials even when in the move. Kartra Vs Kajabi