Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer a variety of crucial features that can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your desired viewers, other platforms might not offer all of these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that have an editing experience that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that offer not just the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they provide you with nearly everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Leonie Dawson Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to make and sell your content to your audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? There are many reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation all the way to the marketing services almost all of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are accessible to those who are new in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over other instructors. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop an online course without having to travel to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points, of its important features that you may want to be aware of in the event you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and products along with blogs to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize the landing page, checkout pages and other viable methods to boost your profits, further your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with email marketing as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service, and training resources, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people who are part of different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. In the last writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who might be interested in giving the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed within each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, garner an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as create a website that you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded with all the features you’d want when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available on each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you wish to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platform’s best-selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. The creation of content using the site and course builders hasn’t been so simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations. In addition to native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Leonie Dawson Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the user interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for clutter, as some features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and even engage with other instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar, it allows you to search for items and tools within the website by typing in the keywords. Like we said, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages that English for those who want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products, or, as the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand value, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure that are designed to provide an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs that are scheduled over an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content if you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course-maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are referred to as post categories as well as category, or. Posts are where you put in different kinds of content, like text, videos, and images, while the categories act as folders where the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to include in your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name that you can upload all your files to your courses in the same tab. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to fit your style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image including logos or images as well as font designs into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Leonie Dawson Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment option, you are able to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your content.
Aside from that, in addition, the LMS website also has made progress in creating areas for teachers and students to interact. With the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate item or as a part of your membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name as well as WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on all 3 pricing options. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, as well as choose from a range of premium, unique themes, which you can personalize to your heart’s content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan and above you can import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also eliminate the Kajabi logos and substitute it with your own!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the given website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories from when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website including text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking which site element you wish for your member learners to view. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi lets you create a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most out the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating posting blog content by creating your own using Text Editor. You may include SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience, group your posts into various categories and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast there are two options: either release it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private version that only your members can get access to. Leonie Dawson Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Leonie Dawson Kajabi
You can create as many e-mails for the campaign you want and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets the messages. Managing e-mails has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help promote your content on behalf of you. Apart from paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Leonie Dawson Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features are the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require more effort and time however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to persuade your audience to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from starting
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You may even change the design of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different The library is with more than 40 page templates that you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi offers an array of options for you to choose from. You can choose to make your student pay for services at different times (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or hand them out for free. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a single product or a number of products, as well as specify specific dates your members can access within a certain time frame. You can also create coupons to encourage your target audience to buy the products you offer. Leonie Dawson Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you make and market your courses However, you can connect to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and days during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to design meaningful educational content. Leonie Dawson Kajabi
For tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to resources that you can learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the course creation world. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of other tips and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you along the way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they reach their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that are missing. A majority of them could be extremely useful in improving the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are certain limits also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site could cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may want to consider when making your choice. Leonie Dawson Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable cost it’s easy to understand how Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has higher-end features than Kajabi, and this includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it operates. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few tools missing for example, the issue of certificates in particular. With a high cost, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Leonie Dawson Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices so that you and your subscribed members can access your entire courses even while on the go. Leonie Dawson Kajabi