Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have many essential features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to promote classes to your target audience, some might not provide all these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that offer editing features that are so complex that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they provide you with nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance What is Kajabi? Mompreneur Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to create and sell your content to your customers. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? There are plenty of factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be easily accessible to those who are just getting started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over others. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create a course-making business without having to go elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require, living up its ‘one stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets of the most important features that you may want to keep an eye on if you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizing tools including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and other products along with your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other effective methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service and training materials, with the addition of Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities who are part of different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who would like to give Kajabi a go. However, when you consider the number of features that are included in every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, reach a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design a website that you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing emails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled with every feature you’d want when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available for all three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you’re looking to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content using the site and course builder software has never been this easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Mompreneur Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the users interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are arranged into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for confusion, as certain elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You get to create an online landing page, change your course and engage with other instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar and it lets you look for items and tools within the site by entering the keywords. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other than English if you wish to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of product or course templates, or the way it calls them, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure designed for an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled over a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content if you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are called categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are where you insert various types of content like text, videos and images, whereas the categories serve as folders in which the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all your files to your course in one page. This is a great option especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Like the outline maker, it’s simple to alter any theme to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image like your logo or images as well as font designs , into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Mompreneur Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective way to determine whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you get to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
Apart from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to communicate. With the Community feature, your students are able to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone feature or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automated SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain and also pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes, which you can personalize to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as take away any Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your personal brand!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the content of the website which includes text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it’s logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can go an extra mile and select the elements of your website you want members to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post information and comments on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most the Kajabi-made website it provides an area where you can publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by making one using the text editor. You can include SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience, group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes, you have two options: release the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers can get access to. Mompreneur Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are supremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than simply send emails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Mompreneur Kajabi
You can create as many e-mails for your campaign as you wish and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been this complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates to help advertise your website on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Mompreneur Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features is the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features that require more effort and time however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to convince your target customers to purchase your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from beginning
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example, to a different one The library is full of 40+ page templates that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For pricing options, Kajabi gives you a wide range to choose from. You can either charge your students for your products at various dates (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or give them away at no cost. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a single product or multiple products, and specify specific dates your members can access within a specific timeframe. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your target audience to buy the products you offer. Mompreneur Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to assist you when you’re struggling to create a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat is available for certain times and times on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to design relevant educational content. Mompreneur Kajabi
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives you a variety of ways to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for more information and tips the help desk will be there to help you in the right direction. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they achieve their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we’d like that the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t understand why there are certain limits also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan, and the lack of features, it could cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might want to consider in your decision. Mompreneur Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than the other. With the extremely affordable price we can understand the way Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has more industry-level functions than the other has which includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it works. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs use. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there, such as the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Mompreneur Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. If you do want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices for you and the members who have subscribed can access all your course materials even when on the go. Mompreneur Kajabi