Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have various important features can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired viewers, other platforms might not provide all those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may provide editing options so complicated that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that offer not just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that, they also offer almost everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Monica Yates Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to develop and market your courses to an student audience. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses , but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? Well, there are quite many reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. First, it’s the simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s features can be accessible to those who are new in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over the rest. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop an online course without having to travel elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the most important features that you may want to be aware of in the event you’re considering the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and materials and blogs to keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other viable methods to increase your profits, further your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of community, and training resources in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who be interested in giving Kajabi a go. However, when you consider the number of features that are included in every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, reach an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as create websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded to the brim with all the features you’d like when making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available on each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days also available on certain blogs, so if you’re looking to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. The creation of content using the website and course creator software was never this simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free option available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Monica Yates Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the User Interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can build an online landing page, change your course and communicate with your instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar and allows you to search for tools and items within the site by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other than English for those who want to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of product or course templates or what the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses that are scheduled over an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content if you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints let you create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are referred to as categories and posts, respectively. The posts are where you can insert different types of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to include in your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all your files to your course in the same tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any of the themes to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand including logos images, fonts, and designs into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Monica Yates Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content more.
In addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made strides in creating areas for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature your students are able to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is available as a separate feature or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across all 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through an automated SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to modify your domain and also pick from a range of unique, professional themes that you can modify to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and above, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also remove all Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories we discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website which includes media files, text or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking which site element you wish for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can publish information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out the Kajabi-made website it provides the opportunity to do so without limits. It is possible to begin with the blog post by making one using the text editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach, group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers can get access to. Monica Yates Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Monica Yates Kajabi
You are able to create as many e-mails for the campaign you want and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. The management of e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Apart from paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to determine how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Monica Yates Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s notable features is the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to persuade your audience to buy your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from ground
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme There is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it gives customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can choose to make your student pay for products at different times (one-time or subscription and several payments) or distribute them to them for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a single product or multiple items, and set specific dates that your customers can access within a specific period of time. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase all of your products. Monica Yates Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you make and market your courses However, you have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for more functions. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you when you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and days of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to create meaningful educational content. Monica Yates Kajabi
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to use resources to master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the world of course design. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of additional advice and tricks the help desk is always there to guide you on your way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish for the lack of options for question types and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations as well.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations such as having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in features it might turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might think about when making your choice. Monica Yates Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price it’s easy to imagine the way Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than Kajabi which includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it works. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing like the issue of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it might not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from being a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Monica Yates Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribed members can access your entire courses even while in the move. Monica Yates Kajabi