A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer many crucial features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to promote your courses to your target audience, others might not offer all of the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that provide editing options that is so complicated it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they also provide you with nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? My Kajabi, Rip Off?
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to develop and market your content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are many aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s features can be digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors an edge over the rest. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets of the most important attributes that you ought to watch out for in the event you’re considering using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizing tools such as media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and materials, as well as blogs to keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages and other viable methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training materials in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. As of this writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who might want to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of features that are included into every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, gain an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled to the brim with all the features you’d like when it comes to designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available for all three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days offered on select blogs. So if you’re looking to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the limited trial offer is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content using the site and the course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations. Apart from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. My Kajabi, Rip Off?
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the User Interface (UI) is organized. If you check the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The design of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching, and it lets you look for tools and items on the site by entering the search terms. As mentioned previously the courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages than English for those who want to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products or the way it calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand value, while Online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure designed for an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses which are planned over an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content if you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are called post categories as well as category, and vice versa. The posts are where you put in different kinds of content, including text, video, and images, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests, you can add all your files to your courses in the same tab. This can be useful especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any theme to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements of your brand like your logo, images, and font design into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. My Kajabi, Rip Off?
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful method of determining if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. Through the assessment option, you are able to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your content.
Aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has made progress in creating spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is available as a separate product or as component of your member.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for the 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with the automatic SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain and also pick from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can personalize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also eliminate the Kajabi branding and replace that with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content which includes text, media files or clickable icons. Sections are, however are made up of multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays it is logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site how you would like it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can post comments and updates on the content of your course. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by making one using Text Editor. You can include SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes, you have two options: either release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users can get access to. My Kajabi, Rip Off?
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than simply send emails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement My Kajabi, Rip Off?
You can create as many e-mails to your campaign as you like and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help in promoting your site on your behalf. Alongside paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. My Kajabi, Rip Off?
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features is the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms provide similar features that require more time and effort and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to persuade your public to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from the beginning
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one The library is with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives you a wide range of pricing options. You can either charge your students for your services at different time frames (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or distribute them to them for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for one product or multiple products, as well as specify specific dates your members can access within a certain period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase the products you offer. My Kajabi, Rip Off?
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled for specific times and on certain days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to create relevant courses. My Kajabi, Rip Off?
As for training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to resources that you can master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the field of course development. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for other advice and tricks assistance, the help section will be there to help you along the way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content however, we must address a few vital things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This could be useful for creating custom integrations for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan, and the lack of features, it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might be considering in your decision. My Kajabi, Rip Off?
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range, we can imagine how Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price It certainly has higher-end features than the other, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some tools that are missing, such as the issue of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it might not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ My Kajabi, Rip Off?
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and your subscribed members have access to all courses even while traveling. My Kajabi, Rip Off?