Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many important features you can use when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired audience, some might not provide all these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they also offer nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell What is Kajabi? My Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to develop and market your courses to an customers. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? It’s true that there are many aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s features are designed to be digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors the added edge over the rest. Additionally this allows students like you run and develop an online course without having to travel elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullets of the most important characteristics that you might want to be aware of when you’re thinking about the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and products along with a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages, and other viable ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of community, customer service, and training resources, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who are part of different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. As of this time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who would like to give it a try. With the abundance of important features included in each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you can create three products, gain up to 1,000 active customers, and make websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled with every feature you’d want when designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day trial is available. trial is available on all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs, so if you’re looking to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the limited trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. The creation of content using the site and course builder software has never been so easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations. Aside from native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s no free option available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. My Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s user interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You get to create an online landing page, change your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching, it allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by typing in the words. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products or what the platform calls them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed in order to increase brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure designed for the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses which are planned over an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints let you create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons known as categories and posts, or. The posts are where you put in different kinds of content, including text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders in which the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts within one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies that you can upload all your files to your courses on one page. This can be useful especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s easy to customize any theme to fit your style. You can even incorporate details of your brand like your logo or images as well as font designs into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. My Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to assess whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment option, you are able to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your material more.
Apart from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS site has also made progress in creating spaces for students and teachers to communicate. Through the Community feature students have access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone feature or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain or WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to customize your domain, and also pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes that you can customize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you can download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs, plus eliminate all Kajabi branding and replace it with your own!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website including text, media files or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets it is logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking which site element you wish for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to create your website however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most out the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with posting blog content by making one using an editor for text. You may incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience, group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode there are two options: either release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers have access to. My Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are highly user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than simply send emails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For instance, if your student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement My Kajabi
You can create as many e-mails for your campaign as you wish and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can even select the members you want the messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of you. In addition to paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to determine how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. My Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s standouts are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners can benefit from it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your intended customers to purchase your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your product via web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from the ground
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example, to a different one – there is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it provides an array of options for you to choose from. You can charge your students for your services at various dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or distribute them to them for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a set amount for a specific product or a number of products, and specify specific dates your customers can access within a specific time frame. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase all of your products. My Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to create and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for basic users Live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to create meaningful courses. My Kajabi
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to use resources to master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for additional information and tips, the help center is always there to guide you on your way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn many sweet perks when they reach their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful to improve the experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are limits also.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations for example, the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in features it might turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity in comparison to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may be considering when making your choice. My Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price range, we can understand how Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other has which includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it works. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can use. It does provide all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to design a professional website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few instruments that aren’t there for example, the issuance of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ My Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you do want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app so that you and your subscribed members can access all your course materials even when in the move. My Kajabi