Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have various important features you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired viewers, other platforms may not have most of these features. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are some that offer not just the basic editing interface but also an array of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they also offer nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: How do you define Kajabi? Natalia Benson Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you develop and market your course content to your audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not just create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. First, it’s the simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be easily accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over other instructors. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without the need to look to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets, of its important features that you may want to watch out for when you’re thinking about it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizing tools, media files, and templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and products and blogs to keep your students updated on what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages, and other methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training tools in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who would be interested in giving the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of important features included into each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, gain a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually, which is filled to the brim with every feature you’d want when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available for all three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs, so if you’re looking to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the limited trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and the course creator software was never this simple and fast, since it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s not a free option as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Natalia Benson Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course and engage with other instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar, and it lets you look for tools and items within the site by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages than English in case you want to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may be able to see a collection of course or product templates, or, as the platform calls it, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure that are designed to provide an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints also allow you to make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create a course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons called groups and posts respectively. Posts are the places where you insert various kinds of content, like text, videos, and images, while the categories function as folders where the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to include in your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies that you can upload all your files to your courses in one page. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your brand, such as the logo, images, and font designs into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Natalia Benson Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments are a helpful method of determining if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content more.
Aside from that in addition, in addition, the LMS site has also made strides in creating areas for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone item or as a an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain or WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across the 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re assured of instant safety and security with the automatic SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as choose from a range of premium, unique themes that you can modify to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as remove the Kajabi branding and replace it with your own!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the given website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content, such as text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets these days it’s logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want for your member learners to view. With all the tools you need to create your website as you wish it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can share information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by creating one with the text editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast there are two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private version that only your users have access to. Natalia Benson Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are supremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails about your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent to their inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Natalia Benson Kajabi
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaign as you wish and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Natalia Benson Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s standouts can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms have similar features, which require more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to persuade your customers to purchase your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build the sales funnel you want from ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different – there is a library full of 40+ page templates that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi offers customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can cost your pupils for the products at various times (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or distribute them at no cost. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a single item or for a variety of products, as well as set specific dates that your students can access your products within a given timeframe. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase the products you offer. Natalia Benson Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses However, you can connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat is available at certain times and times on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to design meaningful course content. Natalia Benson Kajabi
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to use resources to master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their standing in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for more advice and tricks assistance, the help section is always there to guide you in the right direction. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish for the lack of question type options – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations like having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might think about in making your choice. Natalia Benson Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your target audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price range it’s easy to understand the way Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other has which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it operates. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools missing like the issuance of certificates specifically. With a high price tag, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Natalia Benson Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app to ensure that you and your subscribers can access your entire courses even while traveling. Natalia Benson Kajabi