Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many crucial features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your desired viewers, other platforms may not have most of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that provide editing options that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Other Platforms Like Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to develop and market your courses to an audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not just create a professional site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? Well, there are quite many aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation to marketing and sales the majority of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors an advantage over the rest. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create an online course without having to travel elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the most important features that you may want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizing tools such as media files, templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and other products along with a blog where you can keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training tools and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who come from different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who would like to give it a try. However, when you consider the number of important features included into every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you can create three products, reach an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded to the brim with all the features you’d like when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is available on all three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you want to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, then the brief trial offer is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with other third-party services to do this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform is the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. Making content using the site and the course builder software has never been this simple and fast, since it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students in your classes. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free option available neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign tests or assignments. Other Platforms Like Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the platform’s user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can build a landing page, modify your course and engage with other instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching, and allows you to search for items and tools within the website by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages that English for those who want to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of course or product templates or the way it calls it blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content designed for an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course maker. But, aside from the courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are called groups and posts and vice versa. The posts are where you insert various types of content like text, videos and images, whereas the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload all of them directly from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in one tab. This is a great option especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for courses. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the different products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any of the themes to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand including logos or images as well as font designs , into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Other Platforms Like Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful method of determining whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
Aside from that in addition, the LMS site has also made progress in creating areas for students and teachers to communicate. With the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate product or as an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across the 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automatic SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, and also pick from a range of premium, unique themes that you can modify to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you can import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also eliminate any Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that make up the content of the website including text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site however you want it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish information and comments about your course’s content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating your blog posts by creating one using an editor for text. You may include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode, you have two options: release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members have access to. Other Platforms Like Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are extremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Other Platforms Like Kajabi
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaign as you like and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. The management of e-mails has never been so complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates in order to advertise your website on behalf of you. Apart from paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Other Platforms Like Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s standouts is the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more effort and time, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to persuade your audience to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from the beginning
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one The library is with more than 40 pages templates you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi gives you a wide range of options to select from. You can either charge your students for your products at different dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or distribute them to them for free. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a set amount for a single product or a number of products, as well as specify specific dates your students can access your products within a specific timeframe. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase the products you offer. Other Platforms Like Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to make and market your courses However, you can connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to help you whenever you’re struggling to create a course or page among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for Basic users live chat support is scheduled for certain times and days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to design useful educational content. Other Platforms Like Kajabi
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their position in the field of course development. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of additional information and tips, the help center is always there to guide you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and market your course content However, we need to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are certain limits also.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for creating custom integrations like the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site might cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might want to consider in your decision. Other Platforms Like Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than even Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost, we can see the way Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than the other has which includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it works. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing, such as the issue of certificates, in particular. With a high price tag, it may not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Other Platforms Like Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it makes sense that it’s enough to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribed members have access to all course materials even when in the move. Other Platforms Like Kajabi