A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have a variety of important features you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to promote classes to your target audience, some might not offer all of the features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that offer editing features that are so complex that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance What is Kajabi? Patreon Vs Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you develop and market your courses to an student audience. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive score with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? Well, there are quite plenty of aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to the marketing services, nearly all of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are digestible for people who are new in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over others. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop an online course without having to go elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points, of its important characteristics that you might want to be aware of when you’re thinking about it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and products and your own blog to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages and other effective methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training materials in conjunction with Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities that are from various industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. In the last writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who would be interested in giving the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of features that are included in each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, garner a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly and is packed to the brim with every feature you’d like when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. However, a 14-day free trial is available for all three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days available on selected blogs. So if you wish to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions to do this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content with the site and the course builders hasn’t been so easy and swift, and it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations. Apart from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s not a free option neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Patreon Vs Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the User Interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are organized into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and even engage with other instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching, it allows you to search for items and tools on the site by entering the words. Like we said the website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products or, as the platform calls it, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created in order to increase brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure designed for an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled over an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons referred to as post categories as well as category, respectively. The posts are where you put in different types of content, including text, video, and images, while the categories serve as folders for the posts that are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts within one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all your files to your course in one tab. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any theme to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image, such as the logo images, fonts, and design into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Patreon Vs Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful method of determining if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment option, you are able to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your content more.
Aside from that in addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to communicate. Through the Community feature students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is available as a separate item or as a component of your member.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as pick from a range of premium, unique themes, all of which you can modify to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as eliminate the Kajabi logos and substitute it with your own!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts from when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the site’s content including text, media files or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets these days it is logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look how you would like it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating posting blog content by creating your own using Text Editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach, group your posts into different categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private version which only your subscribers can get access to. Patreon Vs Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are supremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Patreon Vs Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails to your campaigns as you like and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of you. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Patreon Vs Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more effort and time, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to persuade your public to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build an effective sales funnel right from the beginning
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and emails you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme – there is a library with more than 40 page templates that you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For price options for Kajabi, it provides you a wide range of options to select from. You can charge your students for your products at various time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or hand them out at no cost. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a specific product or a number of products, and specify specific dates your members can access within a specific time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase any of your offers. Patreon Vs Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you make and market your courses However, you can connect to third-party apps for more functions. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan and above – for basic users, live chat support is scheduled for certain times and times of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to design meaningful educational content. Patreon Vs Kajabi
For training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for other advice and tricks assistance, the help section is available to help you along the way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they achieve their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. Most of them would have been very useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of question type options and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are limitations also.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations like having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan, and the lack in features it may make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might be considering when making your choice. Patreon Vs Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. But considering the very budget-friendly price range it’s easy to imagine how Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than Kajabi which includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it operates. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It certainly has all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing like the issue of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Patreon Vs Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices so that you and your subscribers can access your entire course content even when you’re on the go. Patreon Vs Kajabi