Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with a variety of essential features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to market your courses to your desired audience, some might not provide all these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complex that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they also offer almost all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell What is Kajabi? Pin Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you make and sell your course content to your customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive score with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? Well, there are quite plenty of aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over the rest. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create courses without having to go to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the most important attributes that you ought to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizing tools such as media files, templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and products, as well as blogs to keep your students updated on what’s new.
- Effectively utilize the landing page, checkout pages, and other ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with email marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who are part of different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who be interested in giving the service a shot. With the abundance of important features included within every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. In this plan, you can create three products, garner a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and create websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled to the brim with every feature you could ask for when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days offered on select blogs. If you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with other third-party services to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and course creator software was never this simple and fast, since it takes less time and effort to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations. Apart from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Pin Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the User Interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You can create your own landing page, alter your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar, and it lets you look for items and tools within the website by typing in the words. As mentioned previously the site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages than English for those who want to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may soon encounter a list of course or product templates, or the way it calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes that are scheduled for a set series of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content when you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course-maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons known as post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are the places where you can insert different types of content such as text, video, and images, while the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies that you can upload all your files to your courses in one page. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Pin Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments can be a great method of determining if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your material more.
Aside from that aside from that, the LMS site has also made progress in creating areas for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with other students your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone feature or as component of your member space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across all 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automated SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as choose from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can personalize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as eliminate any Kajabi logos and substitute that with your own!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the available website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts we discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content, such as text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing which site element you wish for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can share information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out the Kajabi-made website this service offers you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating posting blog content by making one with an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes there are two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users have access to. Pin Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows you to send emails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Pin Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails to your campaign as you want and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been more complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to promote your content on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Pin Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts is the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated problems. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your intended customers to purchase your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build the sales funnel you want from the beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one There is a library full of 40+ pages templates you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi provides an array of options for you of pricing options. You can choose to make your student pay for products at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or hand them out to them for free. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for a single product or multiple products, as well as establish specific dates for your members can access within a given time frame. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your audience to purchase the products you offer. Pin Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you create and market your courses However, you have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always available to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and times on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by many who use it to develop useful courses. Pin Kajabi
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the field of course development. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for additional tips and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you in the right direction. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content However, we need to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like that the absence of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limits as well.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, like having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in features it may make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities in comparison to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might think about in making your choice. Pin Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your target audience without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features It’s a lot lighter than other. But considering the very budget-friendly price, we can imagine the way Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than the other has which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs to be able to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there for example, the issue of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it might not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking for an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Pin Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you do want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access all your course materials even when traveling. Pin Kajabi