Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have many essential features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired audience, some may not have most of these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that have an editing experience that is so complicated it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they offer almost everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance How do you define Kajabi? Remove Kajabi Branding
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to make and sell your content to your student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive score from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are numerous factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to the marketing services the majority of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are new in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over other instructors. Lastly this allows students such as you manage and build an online course without the need to look elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullets of the most important features that you may want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing such as media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and other products, as well as a blog where you can keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages and other viable ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community, and training resources and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who want to give the service a shot. With the abundance of important features included into every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, gain an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as make your own website you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly and is packed with every feature you’d want when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for each of the three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is available on certain blogs, so if you want to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions to do that!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the most popular features on the platform is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content with the site and course creator software was never so easy and quick, as it requires less time and effort to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations. Apart from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s not a free option as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Remove Kajabi Branding
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the user interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The design of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can create your own landing page, alter your course and engage with other instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar it allows you to search for items and tools on the website by typing in the words. Like we said that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other than English for those who want to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may soon encounter a list of product or course templates, or the way it calls it, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure designed for an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons known as groups and posts or. The posts are where you insert various types of content like text, videos images, and text, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name, you can add all your files to your course in the same tab. This one is handy particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image like your logo, images, and font designs , into the course player to add a an individual touch. Remove Kajabi Branding
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great way to assess if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments option, you are able to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your content more.
In addition aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also been able to make strides in creating areas for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature your students are able to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone item or as a component of your member.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re assured of instant security and safety with the automatic SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, as well as pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can modify to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also remove all Kajabi logos and substitute that with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts from when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content including text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing which site element you wish for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look how you would like it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi lets you create a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can post information and comments on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you the opportunity to do so without limits. You can get started with your blog posts by creating one with an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: release it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private one that only your users have access to. Remove Kajabi Branding
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Remove Kajabi Branding
You can send as many e-mails for the campaign you wish and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of you. In addition to paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to determine how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Remove Kajabi Branding
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your intended audience to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from ground
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme – there is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are immediately sent to your bank account.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it offers an array of options for you of options to select from. You can choose to make your student pay for products at various time frames (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or distribute them for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for a specific product or multiple products, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a certain period of time. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase the products you offer. Remove Kajabi Branding
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to make and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users live chat support is scheduled for certain times and days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to design useful educational content. Remove Kajabi Branding
As for training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their standing in the world of course design. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for additional advice and tricks, the help center will be there to help you along the way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the lack of question type options as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limitations too.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site could turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may be considering in your decision. Remove Kajabi Branding
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than other. With the extremely affordable price, we can see the ways Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has higher-end features than the other as well as live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it operates. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing, such as the issuance of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that gives you all you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Remove Kajabi Branding
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. If you do want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course materials even when traveling. Remove Kajabi Branding