Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with a variety of important features can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your target audience, others might not provide all those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may have an editing experience so complicated that they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they also provide you with nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Think It Build It Challenge
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you create and sell your content to your audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive score with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? Well, there are quite plenty of factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales almost all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be easily digestible even for those who are new in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over the rest. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without having to go elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require, living up the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points of the most important features that you may want to watch out for when you’re thinking about the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools, media files, and templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and products along with a blog where you can keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages and other ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with email marketing as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training tools, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who might like to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of important features included into each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, reach a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and create your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled to the brim with all the features you’d like when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days also available on certain blogs. If you wish to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the most popular features on the platform is the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. The creation of content using the website and course builder software has never been so easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s no free option available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Think It Build It Challenge
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the users interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are arranged into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar, it allows you to search for specific tools and products on the website by typing in the keywords. Like we said, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages than English in case you want to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may soon encounter a list of templates for courses or products, or, as the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content created to offer a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are known as groups and posts or. The posts are where you insert various types of content including text, video, and images, while the categories serve as folders for the posts that are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to include in your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your course in one tab. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s easy to customize any theme to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Kajabi Think It Build It Challenge
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful method of determining whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. Through the assessment feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your content more.
Apart from that aside from that, the LMS website has made strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone feature or as an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain or WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for all three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automated SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, as well as pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can customize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher you can download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs and also remove all Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your own!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts from when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the content of the website, such as text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections are, however are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets it is logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking which site element you wish for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can publish updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. Start by creating posting blog content by creating one using Text Editor. You can include SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes, you have two options: either release it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private version which only your subscribers can get access to. Kajabi Think It Build It Challenge
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than simply send emails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Think It Build It Challenge
You can send as many e-mails to your campaigns as you wish and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can even select which members of your group are eligible the messages. The management of e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Think It Build It Challenge
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts is the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to convince your intended customers to purchase your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from beginning
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will require to create an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You may even change the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different – there is a library with more than 40 pages templates you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it gives customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can choose to charge your students for your products at various dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or hand them out for free. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for a specific product or a number of products, as well as establish specific dates for your customers can access within a given period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Think It Build It Challenge
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses However, you have the option to connect to other third-party applications for more functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and days during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many who use it to create meaningful educational content. Kajabi Think It Build It Challenge
As for training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their position in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for other information and tips assistance, the help section will be there to help you in the right direction. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and market your course content, but we have to address a few vital things that are missing. Most of them would have been very useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are limitations too.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities with Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might think about when making your choice. Kajabi Think It Build It Challenge
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost we can imagine the way Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other which includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs to be able to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools missing for example, the issuance of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. That doesn’t stop it, but it is a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Think It Build It Challenge
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app so that you and your subscribed members can access your entire course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Think It Build It Challenge