Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have many important features you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to advertise your courses to your intended viewers, other platforms might not offer all of the features. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Teachable Vs Kajabi Vs Thinkific
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to develop and market your courses to an audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just create a professional site for your courses, but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are plenty of factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. First, it’s the simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are digestible even for those who are new in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over the rest. Lastly this allows students like you to run and create courses without having to travel elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets of the key characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizing tools including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and products along with blogs to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other effective methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with email marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of community, customer service, and training resources and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people who come from different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. As of this writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who would like to give it a try. With the abundance of features that are included in every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, reach up to 1 000 active clients, and design a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed with all the features you could ask for when making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is also available on selected blogs. So if you want to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content using the website and course builders hasn’t been this simple and fast, since it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations. Aside from native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s not a free option as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Teachable Vs Kajabi Vs Thinkific
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is structured. If you check the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for confusion, as certain elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can build your own landing page, alter your course, and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the form of a search bar, and allows you to search for items and tools within the site by entering the words. As mentioned previously the site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages than English in case you want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products or the way it refers to them blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created in order to increase brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints allow you to make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template where you can create an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons known as groups and posts respectively. Posts are where you put in different types of content including text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to include in your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them either from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests, you can add all your files to your courses on one tab. This one is handy particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the different products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any of the themes to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand including logos images, fonts, and design into the course player to add a an individual touch. Teachable Vs Kajabi Vs Thinkific
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment option, you are able to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your content more.
Apart from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate item or as a an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain or WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and safety with an automated SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to customize your domain, as well as choose from a variety of unique, professional themes, which you can modify to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs and also eliminate any Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the available website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories from when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content including text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets it is logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like for your members to see. With all the tools you need to create your website how you would like it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can share updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site it provides the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with the blog post by making your own using the text editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience, group your posts into various categories or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two options: either release it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private version which only your subscribers have access to. Teachable Vs Kajabi Vs Thinkific
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are supremely easy and straightforward to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Teachable Vs Kajabi Vs Thinkific
You can send as many emails to the campaign you want and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You will not require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on your behalf. Alongside paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Teachable Vs Kajabi Vs Thinkific
Another of Kajabi’s top features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms offer similar features that require more effort and time however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your intended audience to buy your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create your sales funnel from beginning
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You could even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme There is a library full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are immediately sent to your bank account.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi offers you a wide range of options to select from. You can either cost your pupils for the products at different times (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or hand them out for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for a specific item or for a variety of products, and specify specific dates your members can access within a certain period of time. You can also create coupons to encourage your customers to purchase all of your products. Teachable Vs Kajabi Vs Thinkific
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to create and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to other third-party applications for more functions. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for basic users, live chat support is scheduled at specific times and on certain days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many who use it to design relevant educational content. Teachable Vs Kajabi Vs Thinkific
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to use resources to learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their standing in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for more information and tips, the help center is available to help you along the way. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they achieve their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. Most of them would be extremely useful in improving the experience. Below are the items we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the lack of options for question types and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations too.
- A public API key. This could be useful for creating custom integrations for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in features it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity with Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may want to consider in your decision. Teachable Vs Kajabi Vs Thinkific
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than even Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price, we can see the way Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than the other, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It does provide the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing like the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Teachable Vs Kajabi Vs Thinkific
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices so that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire courses even while in the move. Teachable Vs Kajabi Vs Thinkific