Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many essential features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your target audience, others might not provide all those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may have an editing experience so complex that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they also provide you with nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell What is Kajabi? Thinkific Vs Kajabi Vs Teachable
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to make and sell your content to your student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? There are plenty of aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be accessible to those who are just getting started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over others. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the most important attributes that you ought to be aware of when you’re thinking about it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizable tools including media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and materials along with your own blog to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other viable methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to bill your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community and training tools, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. In the last writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who would want to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed within each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. With this tier, you can create three products, garner a maximum of 1 000 active clients, and create your own website you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded to the brim with every feature you’d want when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days available on certain blogs. So if you’re looking to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content using the website and course builders hasn’t been so simple and fast, since it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free option available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Thinkific Vs Kajabi Vs Teachable
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the platform’s user interface (UI) is structured. If you check the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can build your own landing page, alter your course and engage with other instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar, and it lets you look for tools and items within the site by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages than English for those who want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of product or course templates or the way it calls it, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled for an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course-maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are referred to as groups and posts or. Posts are the places where you put in different kinds of content, like text, videos images, and text, while the categories serve as folders in which the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts under one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your course in one tab. This is a great option especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit different products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand including logos or images as well as font designs into the course player to add a a personal touch. Thinkific Vs Kajabi Vs Teachable
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content.
In addition in addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in creating areas for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate feature or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on all three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant safety and security with an automated SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to customize your domain, as well as choose from a wide array of unique, professional themes that you can personalize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan and higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus eliminate all Kajabi logos and substitute it with your own!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts from when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content, such as media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets these days it is logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile and select the element of your site you would like for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website as you wish it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish information and comments on your course content. If you want to make the most out the Kajabi-made website it provides a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating the blog post by creating your own using Text Editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience or group your posts into various categories and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast, you have two options: either release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your users can get access to. Thinkific Vs Kajabi Vs Teachable
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are highly easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Thinkific Vs Kajabi Vs Teachable
You can send as many e-mails for your campaign as you like and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can also choose which of your members gets the messages. Managing e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on your behalf. Apart from paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to determine how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Thinkific Vs Kajabi Vs Teachable
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to persuade your audience to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create your sales funnel from ground
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You can even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different – there is a library with more than 40 page templates that you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi offers you a wide range of options to select from. You can either cost your pupils for the services at various times (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or hand them out for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specified price for one item or for a variety of products, as well as specify specific dates your students can access your products within a specific period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons to encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Thinkific Vs Kajabi Vs Teachable
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to make and market your courses, but you also have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you when you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users live chat is available for certain times and days of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to create useful course content. Thinkific Vs Kajabi Vs Teachable
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their standing in the course creation world. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for other advice and tricks assistance, the help section is available to help you on your way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they meet their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and market your course content however, we must look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. The majority of these would have been very useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limits too.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, such as the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora of features, it might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity in comparison to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may think about in making your choice. Thinkific Vs Kajabi Vs Teachable
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than other. With the extremely affordable price we can see how Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than Kajabi as well as live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there, such as the issuance of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it may not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Thinkific Vs Kajabi Vs Teachable
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access all your courses even while on the go. Thinkific Vs Kajabi Vs Teachable