Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have many essential features that you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your desired viewers, other platforms might not provide all those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that provide editing options that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they offer nearly everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance What is Kajabi? Thrivecart Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you make and sell your course content to your audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? There are many reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales almost all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be easily accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an advantage over the rest. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build an online course without having to travel elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets of the most important features that you may want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizing tools including media files, templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and materials and your own blog to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Make the most of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other effective methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training materials, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities that are from various industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. As of this writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different than other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who would be interested in giving it a try. With the abundance of important features included into each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, reach an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded with every feature you’d like when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. But a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is offered on select blogs. So if you want to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with other third-party services for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. Making content with the website and course builder software has never been this simple and fast, since it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations. Apart from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s not a free option either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Thrivecart Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are arranged into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar, and allows you to search for specific tools and products on the website by typing in the words. As previously mentioned the site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will soon encounter a list of product or course templates or, as the platform calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created in order to increase brand value, while Online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure created to offer the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled for an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content when you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course-maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create a course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are called groups and posts respectively. The posts are where you insert various types of content including text, video, and images, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one page. This can be useful particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your brand like your logo, images, and font designs into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Thrivecart Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment feature, you can choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your content more.
Aside from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website has made progress in creating spaces for students and teachers to connect. With the Community feature, students have access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone feature or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain or WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for the three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to customize your domain, and also pick from a wide array of unique, professional themes, all of which you can customize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as eliminate the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the available themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts from when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the site’s content including text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile and select the element of your site you would like for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look as you wish it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating the blog post by making your own using an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach or group your posts into various categories or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode there are two options: release it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private version that only your users can get access to. Thrivecart Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Thrivecart Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails for your campaigns as you wish and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets the messages. The management of e-mails has never been more complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates who can help advertise your website on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Thrivecart Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms offer similar features that require more time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to persuade your public to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build the sales funnel you want from ground
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate pages and emails you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You could even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme – there is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it provides an array of options for you of pricing options. You can choose to cost your pupils for the services at different dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or give them away for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a single product or a number of products, as well as set specific dates that your members can access within a given timeframe. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Thrivecart Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to make and market your courses however, you also have the option to connect to third-party apps for more functions. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat is available at specific times and on certain days during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to develop relevant educational content. Thrivecart Kajabi
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to access resources that you can learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their standing in the world of course design. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for more advice and tricks assistance, the help section will be there to help you in the right direction. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they achieve their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material However, we need to address a few vital things that are missing. Most of them would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like that the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, like the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in features it may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may be considering in making your choice. Thrivecart Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost we can see the way Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than Kajabi which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few instruments that aren’t there for example, the issuance of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the right option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Thrivecart Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app to ensure that you and your subscribed members can access your entire course materials even when traveling. Thrivecart Kajabi