A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have various important features can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired viewers, other platforms might not offer all of the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that provide editing options that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Vanessa Lau Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you create and sell your courses to an student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming score from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? There are plenty of factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s features can be digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors the added edge over others. Lastly this allows students such as you manage and build courses without the need to look to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require, living up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form of the most important attributes that you ought to watch out for when you’re thinking about it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and other products, as well as a blog where you can keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Make the most of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other ways to improve your profits, further your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of community and training tools in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who would be interested in giving it a try. With the abundance of important features included in each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you can create three products, garner an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design a website that you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing emails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled to the brim with every feature you could ask for when making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days available on certain blogs. So if you’re looking to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service to do that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the most popular features on the platform, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. The creation of content using the site and course creator software was never this easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations. In addition to native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students in your classes. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s no free option available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Vanessa Lau Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is structured. If you check the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are divided into five major sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu does not allow for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and even communicate with your instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching, and it lets you look for items and tools within the site by typing in the search terms. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages that English if you wish to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products, or what the platform calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining brand value, while online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure that are designed to provide a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs that are scheduled for a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints also allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are called groups and posts respectively. Posts are where you can insert different types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders in which the posts are kept.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies that you can upload all your files to your courses on one page. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs into the course player to add a an individual touch. Vanessa Lau Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective way to determine if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
Apart from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website has made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to communicate. With the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone feature or as component of your member.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for all 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automatic SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You also have the option to customize your domain, as well as pick from a range of unique, professional themes, which you can personalize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and above you can download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs, plus take away the Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your personal brand!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website which includes media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it is logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to create your website how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by creating your own using the text editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast, you have two choices: publish it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your users are able to access. Vanessa Lau Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Vanessa Lau Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails to your campaigns as you like and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates in order to promote your content on behalf of you. Alongside paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Vanessa Lau Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms have similar features that require much more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your target customers to purchase your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different – there is a library with more than 40 pages templates you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi offers you a wide range to choose from. You can make your student pay for products at various times (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or give them away to them for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a specific product or a number of items, and establish specific dates for your customers can access within a certain timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Vanessa Lau Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled for specific times and on certain days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to design useful course content. Vanessa Lau Kajabi
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their position in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for more tips and tricks, the help center will be there to help you along the way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they reach their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and market your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are certain limits too.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations like having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site may cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity with Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might think about in your decision. Vanessa Lau Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range we can see how Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other has, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it functions. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It sure does offer all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing like the issue of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Vanessa Lau Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and your subscribed members can access all your course content even when you’re on the go. Vanessa Lau Kajabi