A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have a variety of crucial features that you can use when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your target audience, some might not offer all of those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complex that it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also an array of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they also provide you with nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: How do you define Kajabi? Was Whodunnit Scripted
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to develop and market your course content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and necessary features that will not only create a professional site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to use. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From course creation to the marketing services the majority of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over the rest. Lastly this allows students like you to run and create a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the most important features that you may want to keep an eye on if you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and materials and a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other viable ways to improve your profits, further your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training tools in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities who come from different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who would want to give the service a shot. With the abundance of essential features already packed in each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, gain an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually, which is filled to the brim with every feature you could ask for when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days also available on selected blogs. So if you’re looking to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, the short free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. Making content using the site and course creator software was never this easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations. Aside from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s no free option available neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign tests or assignments. Was Whodunnit Scripted
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the users interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and engage with other instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar it allows you to search for specific tools and products within the site by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously the website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages that English in case you want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of templates for courses or products, or, as the platform calls them blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content designed for a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content if you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons known as groups and posts or. The posts are where you insert various kinds of content, like text, videos, and images, while the categories serve as folders for the posts that are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one page. This is a great option particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s easy to customize any theme to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs , into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Was Whodunnit Scripted
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments are a helpful way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments option, you are able to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your material more.
Apart from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made progress in creating areas for students and teachers to connect. With the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone item or as a part of your membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across the three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with the automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your website.
You also have the option to customize your domain, and also pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes, all of which you can customize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as take away all Kajabi logos and substitute that with your own!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories from when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content, such as text, media files or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it is logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile and select the elements of your website you want for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to create your website how you would like it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can share information and comments on the content of your course. If you want to make the most the Kajabi-made website this service offers you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating your blog posts by creating one using the text editor. You may include SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into various categories and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode there are two options: release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your members can get access to. Was Whodunnit Scripted
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent to their inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Was Whodunnit Scripted
You can send as many e-mails for the campaign you want and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can choose the members you want the messages. The management of e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on your behalf. Apart from paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to see how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Was Whodunnit Scripted
Another of Kajabi’s top features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners can make better use of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option whenever you want to convince your target customers to purchase your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build your sales funnel from the starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You may even change the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different The library is with more than 40 page templates that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives you a wide range of pricing options. You can either cost your pupils for the services at various times (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or give them away to them for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a specific product or a number of products, and specify specific dates your customers can access within a certain period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy any of your offers. Was Whodunnit Scripted
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses However, you have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to help you whenever you’re struggling to create a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled at specific times and on certain days during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to design relevant educational content. Was Whodunnit Scripted
As for training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their position in the world of course design. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for other advice and tricks the help desk is available to help you in the right direction. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material, but we have to address a few vital things that are missing. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like that the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are limits also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations such as letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site could cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may want to consider in your decision. Was Whodunnit Scripted
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable cost, we can see how Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other which includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it functions. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs use. It certainly has all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there for example, the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that gives you all you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Was Whodunnit Scripted
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s enough to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and your subscribed members have access to all course materials even when on the go. Was Whodunnit Scripted