Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many important features you can use when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your target audience, others might not provide all these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that have an editing experience so complex that it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they offer nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Websites Using Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to make and sell your course content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not only create a professional site for your courses, but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive score with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? There are many factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s features can be easily digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over others. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create courses without the need to look elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the key features that you may want to watch out for in the event you’re considering the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and materials along with a blog where you can keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages, and other effective methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to bill your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who are part of different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who might be interested in giving it a try. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed in every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, reach up to 1000 active users, as well as design websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly, which is filled with all the features you’d want when it comes to designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is available on all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days offered on select blogs, so if you wish to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, then the brief free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions to do that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points is the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and the course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s not a free option either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Websites Using Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design does not allow for clutter, as some features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You can build your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar it allows you to search for items and tools on the website by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages that English if you wish to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of course or product templates, or the way it calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure that are designed to provide an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content if you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints let you create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are referred to as categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are where you insert various types of content like text, videos and images, whereas the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one page. This can be useful especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand like your logo or images as well as font designs , into the course player to add a a personal touch. Websites Using Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your material more.
Aside from that in addition, the LMS website also has made progress in providing spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature, your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone product or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on the three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through an automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, and also pick from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can personalize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs and also remove the Kajabi logos and substitute that with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the available website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts we discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the site’s content including media files, text or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can go an extra mile and select which site element you wish for your members to see. With all the tools you need to create your website how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating the blog post by making one using an editor for text. You may incorporate SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes there are two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers have access to. Websites Using Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Websites Using Kajabi
You are able to create as many emails to your campaign as you want and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets the messages. Managing e-mails has never been so complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of you. In addition to paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to determine how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Websites Using Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to persuade your audience to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create your sales funnel from beginning
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will require to create an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You may even change the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme – there is a library full of 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
For price options for Kajabi, it gives an array of options for you to choose from. You can cost your pupils for the services at various dates (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or distribute them for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for one product or a number of products, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a specific timeframe. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your target audience to buy the products you offer. Websites Using Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to create and market your courses however, you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to assist you if you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled for specific times and on certain days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to create relevant courses. Websites Using Kajabi
For tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their standing in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of other tips and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they reach their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content However, we need to take care of a few essential things that are missing. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limits too.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations like letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora in features it could cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities in comparison to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might be considering in making your choice. Websites Using Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price, we can see the way Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price, it sure does offer higher-end features than Kajabi which includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it works. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs to be able to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few instruments that aren’t there for example, the issuance of certificates specifically. With a high price tag, it may not be the right option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Websites Using Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices for you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course materials even when on the go. Websites Using Kajabi