Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with a variety of crucial features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to market classes to your intended audience, others might not provide all those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that provide editing options so complicated that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: How do you define Kajabi? Who Uses Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to create and sell your content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? There are numerous factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation to marketing the majority of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are accessible to those who are new in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an advantage over other instructors. Additionally this allows students such as you manage and build a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points, of its important features that you may want to watch out for in the event you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and other products and a blog where you can keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages and other ways to improve your profits, further your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to charge your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community and training tools, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. In the last writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who be interested in giving Kajabi a go. However, when you consider the number of features that are included within each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. In this plan, you can create three products, garner up to 1000 active users, as well as make your own website you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly and is packed with every feature you’d like when designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available on all three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days also offered on select blogs. If you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. Making content with the site and the course builders hasn’t been this easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in any of your courses. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s not a free option as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Who Uses Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and even communicate with your instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar, and allows you to search for items and tools within the site by entering the words. Like we said that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages than English for those who want to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of product or course templates or the way it calls them, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version versions that have a complete structure of content created to offer a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled for an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content if you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course-maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons referred to as groups and posts and vice versa. The posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files to be added to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all your files to your course in one tab. This can be useful especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand including logos or images as well as font design into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Who Uses Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment option, you are able to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
In addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone item or as a an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents with your domain name or WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automated SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, as well as pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes, which you can personalize to your heart’s content! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as remove any Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the available themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website including text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want members to view. With all the tools you need to create your website as you wish it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can post comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with posting blog content by making one with the text editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast there are two choices: publish it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private one that only your users are able to access. Who Uses Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Who Uses Kajabi
You can create as many emails to the campaign you wish and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates in order to promote your content on your behalf. Apart from paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Who Uses Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s top features are the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms have similar features that require more time and effort and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your intended customers to purchase your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from the starting
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one There is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
For price options for Kajabi, it provides you a wide range of pricing options. You can make your student pay for services at different dates (one-time or subscription and several payments) or give them away to them for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a specific product or a number of products, and set specific dates that your members can access within a given period of time. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Who Uses Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to create and market your courses however, you also can connect to third-party applications to provide more functions. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for basic users, live chat support is scheduled at certain times and times on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to develop useful educational content. Who Uses Kajabi
For tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their position in the field of course development. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for more tips and tricks, the help center is available to help you in the right direction. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they reach their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. Most of them would have been very useful to improve the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are certain limits too.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, like the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack in features it may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may think about when making your choice. Who Uses Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost we can understand the ways Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has greater features that the other, and this includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it works. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need to be able to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing for example, the issuance of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. That doesn’t stop it, but it is a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Who Uses Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices so that you and your subscribed members have access to all courses even while in the move. Who Uses Kajabi