Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with a variety of crucial features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your target audience, others may not have most of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that provide editing options that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they also offer nearly everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: How do you define Kajabi? Why Is Kajabi So Expensive
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to make and sell your courses to an student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? Well, there are quite numerous reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales, nearly all of the Kajabi features are designed to be easily digestible even for those who are new in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over other instructors. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create courses without having to travel elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points of the most important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizing tools, media files, and templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and products along with blogs to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other effective ways to improve your profits, further your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of community, and training resources, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who are part of different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different than other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who like to give the service a shot. With the abundance of important features included within every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, reach an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and create your own website you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled with all the features you could ask for when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is available on each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is also available on certain blogs. So if you want to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with other third-party services for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content using the site and the course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it requires less time and effort to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in your classes. You can also connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s not a free option neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Why Is Kajabi So Expensive
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are arranged into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for confusion, as certain features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar, and allows you to search for items and tools on the site by typing in the words. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages that English for those who want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products, or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content if you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints allow you to create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create an entire course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are called categories and posts, or. The posts are where you insert various types of content like text, videos and images, whereas the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all your files to your course in one page. This one is handy especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image including logos, images, and font design into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Why Is Kajabi So Expensive
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great way to determine whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment option, you are able to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your material more.
In addition aside from that, in addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating areas for teachers and students to interact. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone product or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents to your web domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re assured of instant security and security through an automated SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as pick from a variety of premium, unique themes, which you can personalize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also remove the Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the available themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories we discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content which includes media files, text or clickable icons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets it is logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing which site element you wish for your members to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look as you wish it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can share information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with the blog post by making your own using an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach, group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode, you have two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users are able to access. Why Is Kajabi So Expensive
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than simply send emails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Why Is Kajabi So Expensive
You can create as many emails to your campaigns as you wish and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can even select the members you want the messages. E-mail management has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates to help advertise your website on behalf of you. In addition to paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to gauge how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Why Is Kajabi So Expensive
Another of Kajabi’s top features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms provide similar features that require more time and effort and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your target customers to purchase your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from beginning
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different – there is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
For pricing options, Kajabi provides an array of options for you of pricing options. You can cost your pupils for the services at different dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or distribute them to them for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a specific product or multiple items, and establish specific dates for your customers can access within a specific time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase all of your products. Why Is Kajabi So Expensive
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for Basic users Live chat support is scheduled at certain times and times during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to create relevant course content. Why Is Kajabi So Expensive
As for training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to use resources to master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the course creation world. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of additional advice and tricks assistance, the help section is always there to guide you along the way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they achieve their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material However, we need to take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are limitations also.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, such as having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site might turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might want to consider in your decision. Why Is Kajabi So Expensive
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market to your target audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than even Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable cost, we can understand how Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than the other as well as live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it operates. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs to be able to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing for example, the issuance of certificates in particular. With a high price tag, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Why Is Kajabi So Expensive
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices so that you and your subscribers can access your entire course content even when you’re on the go. Why Is Kajabi So Expensive