Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many essential features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your desired viewers, other platforms might not provide all the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may provide editing options that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that, they also provide you with nearly all you can think of including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: How do you define Kajabi? Why Use Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to make and sell your content to your audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not only create a professional site for your courses, but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? There are many factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to marketing the majority of the Kajabi features can be accessible to those who are new in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors an edge over the rest. In addition this allows students such as you manage and build courses without having to travel elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets, of its important features that you may want to be aware of if you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of tools for customizing including media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and products, as well as your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other effective methods to increase your profits, further your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to charge your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of community, customer service and training tools and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names who are part of different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who be interested in giving it a try. With the abundance of important features included in each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you can create three products, gain an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and create a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled with all the features you’d want when making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. But a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days available on selected blogs, so if you’re looking to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the short free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including email marketing and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with any other third-party service to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. Making content with the site and the course creator software was never so simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students in any of your courses. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s not a free option neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Why Use Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the users interface (UI) is organized. If you check the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar, and it lets you look for items and tools on the site by entering the words. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other that English if you wish to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation function, you may be able to see a collection of product or course templates or the way it refers to them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed in order to increase brand value, while Online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure created to offer an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses which are planned over a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons known as groups and posts respectively. Posts are the places where you can insert different types of content, like text, videos, and images, while the categories function as folders in which the posts are kept.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all your files to your courses in one tab. This can be useful especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit different products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand including logos, images, and font designs into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Why Use Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you can choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
Aside from that, the LMS website also has made strides in creating areas for students and teachers to connect. With the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone product or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain or WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across the three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain and also pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can customize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also eliminate any Kajabi logos and substitute that with your own!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories from when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content including text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays, it makes total sense for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look as you wish it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post information and comments on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating the blog post by creating one with the text editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you want to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two options: either release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your users are able to access. Why Use Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically to their inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Why Use Kajabi
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaigns as you want and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can choose which members of your group are eligible the messages. E-mail management has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to promote your content on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Why Use Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s notable features are the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more effort and time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your target customers to purchase your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build an effective sales funnel right from beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You may even change the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one The library is full of 40+ page templates that you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
For price options for Kajabi, it gives customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can choose to cost your pupils for the services at various times (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or distribute them at no cost. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for one item or for a variety of items, and set specific dates that your customers can access within a certain timeframe. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Why Use Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you make and market your courses However, you can connect to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat is available for specific times and on certain days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to design relevant course content. Why Use Kajabi
As for training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their standing in the field of course development. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for more advice and tricks, the help center is available to help you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they achieve their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material However, we need to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been very useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the lack of options for question types as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits too.
- A public API key. This could be useful in making custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack of features, it might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might want to consider when making your choice. Why Use Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly price, we can see the way Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has more industry-level functions than the other, and this includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it functions. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can use. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools that are missing for example, the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Why Use Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course materials even when on the go. Why Use Kajabi